Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful: Older is better sometimes!

My in-laws are down this week for my oldest's birthday party...
and they brought me such a thoughtful present, too.
A 1960's Kenmore sewing machine
(with the fold-down table,
which is perfect so the kids don't play with it.).

I can not believe how much smoother
the operation of this old machine is than any
1990-2010 era machines I've ever used.
Albeit my experience has always been on
a low-end plastic sewing machine.

Sometimes older IS better!
Who would've known.

And now...
I get to start on all my tons of sewing
projects that have been piling up for the last year.
Woohoo!!
I'm so excited.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Nan & Pops.
Love it.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That's fabulous! I've been to a few quilting retreats and the ladies there swear by the older machines, and I dream of getting one someday! You are fortunate to have family that knows you so well! Can't wait to see what you create. :)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails