I meant to post on the True Woman conference
I attended about a month ago.
I'm really glad I saved it.
I am HUGELY thankful that I had the opportunity to go!
I attended about a month ago.
I'm really glad I saved it.
I am HUGELY thankful that I had the opportunity to go!
This conference experience was so amazing.
I know that conferences tend to give you a "high"
and then you come home to the "real world"...
and hopefully are able to retain some of what you learned.
In the case of the True Woman conference,
I believe that the women that attended
were all impressed so deeply
with the message...
the sheer weight of the subject of
being counter-cultural,
and choosing God's version of True Womanhood,
and femininity
OVER
all the different waves of
the Feminist Movement.
To say, "Yes, Lord!" to His perfect plan for women,
To say, "Yes, Lord!" to His perfect plan for women,
and not the world's misguided view of womanhood.
{She's waving her "Yes, Lord" hanky. :) }
_______________________________________________
So, what things impressed me about this conference?The 1st thing that comes to mind is the sweet spirit
that seemed to permeate every single session,
and all the workers,
and all the speakers.
Every. Thing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The 2nd thing that comes to mind is the powerful prayer
that was done on our behalf
before, during, and even after the conference.
There was a large group of men that volunteered
their time to pray the entire conference,
and for each specific person's needs that we wrote
on prayer cards.
Also, the times of prayer set up for us,
so that we could "do business",
as the Spirit led us.
And those beautiful women,
that prayed alongside me,
and wept with me during these times of prayer.
{Me with my "angels unaware" that God led me to attend the conference with.}
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The 3rd thing is the beautiful, Spirit-filled music.
Done by a new favorite of mine,
at church, and had so many say how much they enjoyed it.
Almost all their songs are written by them,
and are more hymns than anything else.
The doctrine presented in the lyrics,
The sweet melodies,
It was all so perfectly done.
Her smile just lights up everything.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The 4th thing was the speakers!!!
I thought that would be my 1st thing...
but turns out,
their humility, their sense of purpose,
their intent on remaining Biblically sound,
their humility (did I mention that already?! :)...
all cause me to mention the other things 1st.
There were a few speakers I was unfamiliar with,
but having been brought up 24/7 on Moody Radio,
I heard most of these speakers
all through my life.
What a blessing to receive instruction from them
in person!
To copy from the True Woman blog,
what this whole thing is all about:
"A true woman is willing, serious, and determined to reflect the beauty and heart of Christ to her world. She seeks to live a God-centered life, trusting Him and saying "Yes, Lord!" She knows this is only possible by His grace, and seeks to do so in community, which is why we're so glad you stopped by!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I made a few renewed committments,
and also had my eyes opened some to
things that the Holy Spirit worked in my life.
I pray that God will continue to work and I will be a willing vessel,
to be molded, and re-molded-
over & over again until I finally become more like Christ,
and less like my own selfish person.
Thank you, Lord, for working in my heart.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I made a few renewed committments,
and also had my eyes opened some to
things that the Holy Spirit worked in my life.
I pray that God will continue to work and I will be a willing vessel,
to be molded, and re-molded-
over & over again until I finally become more like Christ,
and less like my own selfish person.
Thank you, Lord, for working in my heart.






































No comments:
Post a Comment