Green Chile Chili... nope that's not a typo. :)
This recipe won 2nd place IN TEXAS in a chili cookoff!
That's how good it is. Woohoo!
Take note- - this one is spicy.
That's how good it is. Woohoo!
Take note- - this one is spicy.
If you haven't noticed, I've got a thing for green chile,
having lived in New Mexico for 7 years where they produce
tons of green chiles every year.
My favorite green chiles are Big Jims.
There are a lot of varieties,
and when I lived in "the land of Enchantment",
I used to buy 20 lb. bags full, have them roasted,
peel them myself, and divide them into freezer bags.
But in this recipe,
I just used the frozen, pre-roasted/peeled/and chopped
chiles you can usually find in the freezer dept,
probably depending on where you live.
If not, then you can use a can of chopped green chiles.
No biggie.
The other thing I really like about the recipe is it uses turkey.
Great for that "eat healthier" new year's resolution. :)
Without further ado... Here's the recipe.
Green Chile Chili
Ingredients:
-1 lb. ground turkey
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-salt to taste
-1 1/2 cups green chiles chopped
-1 medium onion, chopped
-2 cans cream of mushroom soup
-2 cans nacho cheese soup
-2 cans cream of broccoli soup
-2 cans Rotel tomatoes
-2 cups salsa
-2 cans water
-2 Tbsp. sage
-2 Tbsp. chili powder
1. Brown turkey with onion, garlic, and salt.
2. Add other ingredients and simmer until desired thickness.
































2 comments:
Ohhh...this one sounds really good. I am going to have to try this one. David likes spicy things. Seems like it makes a lot also.
Emily
I was going to *bust* you for making green chile chili...until I found out you lived in NM...which is where I lived! So, I will definitely give his recipe a try with my baggies of green chile in the freezer - that cracked me up!
~alicia
proof-of-love.blogspot.com
cooking-mommas.blogspot.com
Post a Comment