There's a song I wish I could add to this post which would pretty much put in a nutshell what I'd like to say. The preschool and toddler years are full of learning to deal with emotions. What is "socially acceptable", and what is not! Suffice it to say, we've had our share of learning what is not acceptable. Lately, I've noticed Wesley is going through the "high- Highs" and "low- Lows". :) Mostly, he's been melting down over what he wants to wear (right now he MUST wear his black soccer shorts, with his Thomas tennis shoes!! every. day.), or what he wants or should I say doesn't want to eat! LOL Sometimes in the moment, these things aren't very funny, then become really funny upon review of the day. He also seems to get hysterically giddy about things he finds funny- usually something that's not that funny! Justin gets into the action a lot too- with these things called temper tantrums! yikes- those are not fun. However, just a few moments before or after a melt-down, he then is the sweetest little boy EVER! Being mommy to these two is never dull.
So, it got me thinking: While we as adults have learned to control our emotions or at the very least hide them when they're not quite socially acceptable, I wonder how many of us really have those High-highs, and Low-lows going on in our mind. ?? I'm more of a melancholy person, so I'm pretty sure I'll never stop feeling deeply. I'm dramatic- I'll admit it! My hubby is the opposite, naturally; however, I still think he feels deeply, even if he doesn't totally admit it most of the time. Do you feel deeply? Just wondering.
ETA: I've added the song to my playlist over there on the right- - it's called Sometimes. Enjoy!
Blessings!- Sarah
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































3 comments:
We are all just grown up sophisticated kids who have learned to "control" ourselves which in my opinion is socially acceptable but not always the best!! Feeling deeply and letting others in on it is important so enjoy and learn who your babies really are so that when they grow up you will remember and be able to connect with them1
That's a great question, Sarah! I think to live fully, one must feel fully as well. Whether or not we feel out loud in the moment or process carefully, and sometimes tearfully, at a later time, it is always important to feel. I don't think it's possible to live in the moment with your children and family if you're only feeling "acceptable" emotions.
I'm definitely not a melancholy, but I feel very deeply and work hard to embrace my feelings no matter the scope! Thanks for bringing up this topic!
Thank you for blessing me with your comments Mom & LJ. Good to know that others feel deeply too. Way to sum it up LJ, to live fully, you must feel fully. Wow!
Post a Comment