I have realized lately that I need to re-evaluate the way I look at and respond to certain things in my life. Pushing my kids on the swing was one of the re-evaluations (that sounds kinda menial when I say it). I used to hate that the kids couldn't just play on the swings by themselves, and give me a break!! As I re-evaluated this response, I realized that it is an opportunity to spend time playing with my kiddos doing something they love. It also gives my arms a good work-out, as they like to say "Higher!" "Higher, mommy!" for 20-30 minutes everyday. LOL So, I've figured out a time that works really good into our day, and now it's becoming part of a routine.
Speaking of routine- We have not had one since we lived in Las Cruces, almost a year ago! I've missed it! Life is finally... finally getting back to a new "normal". I'm loving it, and I think the kids do, too. :)
Getting back to the swing thing- when we moved to the house we're renting, we decided it had been too long since we had a swingset. So we decided to get a little Wal-Mart one- with the kind assistance of Grammy chipping in half. It's getting lots of use now. And I've got pictures!! ;) (photograph taking- lol)
Mike & Wesley putting up the swingset:
And each of the kiddos swinging & having fun!
And we all take turns pushing them. :) Now I can truly say- it's a pleasure.
So, go swing on your porch swing, or push a favorite little kiddo today as an inspiration from the Harrigan clan! Blessings- Sarah































3 comments:
Thing is I do remember taking you guys to the park to swing and how you all loved it too! Then the little swing set in back grew to the great big playground dad built..it was truely enjoyed by my kiddos;)
My MIL is getting Myles an outdoor swing for his b-day. I'm sure both our boys will get much use out of it, and my arms will get plenty of working out as well. :-)
Yep! Your arms are going to be even more buff soon, Rach! LOL ;) And yep, Mom, I remember some good times out on the swingset Dad built us- and also a lot of times sitting on a swing reading a book! Hahaha.
Post a Comment