Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm learning from Preschool too! ;)

I am learning a lot from taking the boys to preschool at the library once a week. One of the things I notice is that the teacher keeps those kids always BUSY! She rotates between teaching something, doing a musical activity, and having them color & do a craft. She doesn't linger too much on one thing. She is very prepared. Secondly, if a kid is misbehaving, she tries to draw their attention to what they should be doing. She then just goes ahead and starts teaching again giving them the space they need to do the class activities the "right" way.

I'm also noticing a difference in comprehension and abilities between the two boys. It's interesting to watch Justin (2 1/2) trying so hard to be part of it, yet not having the attention span, or abilities just yet to do everything. Wesley (3, soon to be 4) on the other hand is a very focused child to start with. He learns everything quickly. Another thing I'm learning is that Wesley likes to take "responsibility" for his little bro when he is in a group situation. He tells Justin, "C'mon, JJ! Sit here!" or "Here you go, JJ" and hands him something. I love that!! It sure doesn't happen all the time, but good for him that he's starting to pick up that wonderful trait.

Today the children learned about the seasons and about musical instruments... the "syllabus" they handed us at the beginning of pre-k said they'd be working on the letter "A", but that didn't happen. Oh, Well! Maybe next week? Here are a few pics and videos of the preschool day today:

Playing musical instruments to a song that they had to "freeze" whenever the music stopped.

Justin decided to go in & out of preschool today... he played on the trains too. :)

The boys making "maracas". Yay for crafts!!

And you know I'm going to load a video or two, right?! lol



My boys have some rhythm! :)


That's JJ saying in the cute high-pitched voice, "Yeaaah!"

1 comment:

Lady D said...

Played it twice just to hear his yeah! Too cute

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails