Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine"

Proverbs 17:22 "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine", and I can attest to this. :) My sweet son Wesley, and my darling daughter Aliyah were sitting on my lap last night after Justin had laid down for the night. I wasn't in a "bad mood" particularly, but my heart was lightened immensely as they began to play together. Wesley was pretending to give Aliyah little puppy kisses ("schloop!"- while sticking his tongue out). I think they may have the best combination of personalities... Wes loves to be comedic, and Aliyah loves to laugh. :) So while they were sitting there, giggling, and getting louder and louder with their "merriment", my heart was getting a really good taste of "medicine".  My heart was swelling, and I found myself laughing along with them. It does my heart good to see them playing so happily together.

It's during these times that I get a glimpse of what wonderful people God gave us in our family. I'm so happy that I have been given the three children that we have. Their little personalities are all so unique, and so wonderful. Yes, there will be the daily drudgery of dealing with conflict, diapers, feeding, and all the other motherly things that take up my entire day right now; but there's also awesome, amazing times like last night that will linger & warm my heart for many years to come. I want to remember what it was like to see the sparkle in Aliyah's eyes as she giggled and soaked up her brother's attention. I want to remember seeing Wesley being sweet to his little sister, and doing things to make her laugh. I love laughing with my children- and sometimes at them too. :) They bring a lot of joy to my heart, and during the daily duties, I plan on remembering these little things to help the day pass along a little sweeter.

1 comment:

Lady D said...

Sounds like a simply marvelous ending to a day!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails