Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

I ♥ ♥ ♥ Whole Foods Market!

Yes...
  • I value simple pleasures;
  • savor what is naturally good;
  • reuse and renew;
  • cook with humor, eat with meaning;
  • give thanks for farmers;
  • give and give back;
  • share home-cooked favorites;
  • and Yes- I'm a walking, Whole Foods Market info-mercial. Lol! All the above are on the brown paper bag from Whole Foods, by the way. I didn't exactly make that great list up all by myself. 
This morning we went there just for the pleasure of gourmet grocery shopping. It is definitely a place for the senses. I really wish I had my camera with me!! Someday soon, I'll post more pics. Promise.

The lovely produce department had nearly every fruit and veggie imaginable. The colors and super-organized way they had it all displayed! I loved it! Wesley and Justin picked out the perfect pineapple. :)

The aisle full of dried fruits, nuts, mix-ins, and such. Wow! I can't imagine the granola I'd be able to make with some of those items. Along with a really great selection of coffee beans! Mmmm...

The meat market had some pretty interesting things, like bison meat, specialty cuts of steaks, amazing brats- made with different white meats, pork meat in forms I've never seen before, lamb, and all kinds of things that looked fun to try.

Oh! And then there was the cheese section. . . I bought a block of the cranberry cheddar. Yuuuum! That was such a great combo. There was every imaginable cheese there- lots of wholesome creamy, salty goodness. And there was lots to taste, too! Can't wait to buy some more.

We did not pass up the bakery counter without taste-testing a few goodies too. :) The boys wanted to try the chocolate ganache raspberry tarts. They have refined tastebuds already, what can I say?! Lol. Actually, I think the raspberries on top enticed them. I had a key lime tart that tickled the tongue. One of my favorite sweet treats ever. Mike had a choco- manicotti (?) thing (he doesn't know what he got- ha!). To say it was delish would be an understatement. :) I really, really wanted to try the choco-dipped coconut macaroons, but resisted. (Another fave of mine) There were so many wonderful things to try, it was hard to figure out which one to get. You HAVE to go to one... Soon!

We also added a container of Kefir to the cart, as I always buy some when we go to the healthier grocery stores. Must get the probiotics in, you know. And, we escaped (barely) the store at last with our final purchase of a loaf of cran-rye, whole wheat bread. Wow, that bread is amazing!

So, you must find out if there's a Whole Foods Market near you, because if there is, you must go! Oh, as a side note- The Top Chef competitors shop Whole Foods for their groceries for their competitions- in case that inspires you to go. (It did my hubby- lol).

Blessings! -Sarah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have loved my experiences with WF, too. You are right, a feast for the senses! Hope you are doing better. Thinking of you and praying! Love, LLZ

Emily said...

I sooo wish we had a Whole Foods market near us. There is one in New Orleans but we hardly ever go there. Sounds like ya'll had a great time. That is funny that you got some Kefir, I have been making it the last several months and love it. The kids aren't too crazy about it plain, so I sneak it in their green smoothies. LOL

Love,
Emily

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Doing a little better, Aunt L. Thank you for asking. :)

Kudos to you, Em, for making your own kefir!! Hmm... green smoothies? What do you put in them (other than Kefir)? My aunt got me hooked on Kefir when I was like 8 or something. It seems like the ones I have bought the last few year from (?) Lifeway don't have such a tangy aftertaste.

Emily said...

Making your own is super easy. I like the flavored ones from the health food stores, but are too expensive to buy all the time. Haven't figured out how to make my own flavored kind. As for "green" smoothies, I put all kinds of stuff in them. But my main ingredients are spinach and strawberries. I have also put in lettuce and carrots and cucumbers before. As long as I put in fruit and a little sweetener, they LOVE the stuff. They always ask for green smoothies. LOL

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails