I have enjoyed quite a few wins at the board game Settlers of Catan, and have even more enjoyed the smack talk that has gone down after the game. I'm not a very "strategic" kind of gal. So, for me to win a strategy game is unusual. But alas, someone must do it! lol
Seriously, though, if you have never played the game, you should! It's tons of fun. Just make sure you have 2-3 hours before you sit down to do it.
Oh, and I'm definitely posting a few pics of my opponent, Toby, who rises to the occasion, and dresses for the game nights.
And, while I'm at it... I'm going to copy over a paragraph of smack talk from Facebook the other night so I can enjoy it for many, many years to come (when my worthy opponents have begun to beat me, and I no longer am the Queen of Catan). :)
Toby Neal Just Letting everyone know now, It was I who won the Catan Game this very night! Oh wait, I read the score backwards, thats not 14, that is 4.... Uh...Fri at 1:09am ·
Toby Neal Woah! Hold the phone!
Toby Neal That was un-called for!
Sarah Friend Harrigan Nana-booboo! ;p (hahaha!)
Toby Neal YOU ARE SO GOING DOWN!!! ARRGH!
Sarah Friend Harrigan Bring it!
Toby NealI spew cyber-spit wads in your general direction!
Sarah Friend Harrigan Ok, that's just gross... eww! I'm wiping my face off right now. LOL
Toby Neal Till we meet again, my catan menace!
Sarah Friend Harrigan You feel the need to get creamed again? So soon?!? (haha! I know. I know... I'm going DOWN!)
Toby Neal The Insult! My next game is for revenge!!!! And this time I will take no prisoners!
Sarah Friend Harrigan Prisoners of War??? What??? Whoa.
Diane Friend Excuse me now that the children have all gone to bed!! I am at least in the same league as the Catan queen hello
Toby Neal I have nothing more to say, its ON!
Mike Harrigan I find it interesting that the two women bragging about their supposed Catan success are very closely related and have enjoyed late game trades from each other, mind you, to facilitate these one sided victories. Hmmmmm. Makes one think.
But this know, the Supreme Ruler of the Axis of Evil will have his revenge.
Sarah Friend Harrigan excuses, excuses... blah, blah, blah. keep trying. you might be a challenge one of these days. until then, don't be hating those of us who actually WIN!!
and another little post regarding this night of winning...
Sarah Friend Harrigan just stomped all over Toby Neal , Diane Friend , and Mike Harrigan in CATAN!! Yep... I'm the Catan queen. :) Fri at 1:05am ·
Diane Friend Excuse me now that the children have all gone to bed!! I am at least in the same league as the Catan queen hello
Sarah Friend Harrigan Well, let us see... you won once when the Queen wasn't playing, and hmm... the other win- I gave it to you! ;p Oh yes... The Queen of Catan still reigns. bwa-hahaha!
Diane Friend I hate to inform you Mike your wife is winning all on her own and is smack talkin all of us
So that pretty much gives you an idea of how intense Catan can get! Lol! Actually, we were just havin' fun. I'm pretty sure everybody has won a few times themselves. It's fun! Let's play sometime soon.
-The Queen of Catan!































No comments:
Post a Comment