A blog I regularly read encourages readers to participate in admitting to some of the things they've done during the week that they "didn't" do (but really did!). Thought it might be fun, so here goes.
During the week, I noticed the children's nails had gotten very long. While this is a dreaded task for all of us, I knew what must be done. Usually it takes my hubby holding them down while I try to snip & not accidentally catch skin. So, there was no hubby in sight that day... and I did not bribe them with candy so I could clip them! I would not use such tactics, let alone encourage the use of sugary food as a form of reward. Nope. I'd never do that. They really enjoyed the caramel apple candy corn by the way. LOL
As the week progressed, so did my cough. I was lying in bed trying to recoup Saturday, and decided I'd like to watch the movie we rented from the Redbox earlier. However, my dear hubby was watching football, and could not be convinced to watch a chick-flick. I did not break my "cardinal rule" number ONE about never watching TV in our bedroom- - the 1st time in 9 1/2 years of marriage, by the way. I definitely did not enjoy it! In fact, I didn't enjoy it so much that the extra TV & DVD player are not being put to use today. No way! I would never do such a thing- - EVER! Inkheart was a good movie... anybody else watched it? :)
Oh, and as I was folding laundry during the week, my child did not go into the kitchen and drink Papa's "coffee"- turns out Papa's coffee is really coffee creamer! Hahaha! And for those of you who know his coffee drinking preferences, that's not far from the truth. - - He's gonna kill me for saying that! LOL
And, now as I'm sitting here blogging, I am not being told by my children that they need to obey their parents. As I ask them who their parents are, they do not tell me that Grampy, and Donita are their parents. They must be confused. Haha! I think we need to have a vocabulary session today to explain who their parents really are.
Hope you enjoy my "not me's". Have a happy week!!
Blessings! -Sarah
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































2 comments:
This is great! I'm so glad you posted this, it made me smile this morning AFTER I had my lip busted! Thanks! ;-)
So, you did NOT just bust your lip on your child's head. Not you?! :) Haha! This is sorta a fun way to communicate, in the opposite. lol Glad you got a smile from it.
Post a Comment