2. My parents. Each of them are so special to me. I think the thing that I am thankful for the most from my mom is: her example. Homeschooling, Leading in ministry, Being spiritually minded and not worldly, Crafting and Cooking- and training me how to do those things. Thank you Mom! I think the biggest thing I'm thankful for from my dad is: giving us experience and culture. He always took us to amazing spots all over the country for vacations- and spent his last dime doing it; he always had music on- always!- and I think my love of music comes from that; he took us to cultural events, like The Nutcracker ballet; he always had a book(s) to read, and encouraged us to learn- and to grow as an individual through learning. Thank you Dad!
3. My in-laws. I'm so thankful that my husband's parents have allowed me to be a part of their family. Well, they may not have had a "choice", haha! but they have accepted me, so that's what I mean by that. :) I'm thankful mostly for: the way they raised my husband. Because they are in the ministry, it would've been very easy for them to care more for the ministry than they did for their children's lives... but it is evident that they didn't. My husband wanted to be a pastor. That says a lot for what his parents instilled in him about ministry. They have given us a good example to follow... in so many ways, but most of all- I feel that they have given us a good example in parenting while in the ministry- which we obviously are doing. Thanks, Pops and Nan!
4. My siblings, and their spouses, and my sister-in-law and hubby. Each has been such a great friend through so many years. Obviously, growing up with my sisters and brother gave me such good experiences and the memories we share are so fun (most of the time- lol! just don't ask Gabe about a baseball bat. Ever!). My hubby's sister came in my life next, and I can't believe I've known her since she was (?) 10!! When I think about that, I am amazed. :) She's also become a really great friend, and I'm thankful that we're going through very similar stages of life with kiddos being similar ages, and all the moving/church changing/making new friends at the same time. It really gives us a lot in common- even though we're 7 years apart in age. To the spouses of the aforementioned siblings... I am loving getting to know each of you. Y'all bring a lot to our families that I now can't imagine not having when we have the family get-togethers. It's so much fun. Anybody up to Catan?! lol. Love y'all so much. And I'm so thankful for you!
Blessings! -Sarah
































No comments:
Post a Comment