I was, however, thankful for a few things yesterday, amidst my stress level making me have a huge headache.
Thursday, November 12th list of things I'm thankful for:
- My husband's lunch break. We've been fortunate for the last few years that my hubby has been able to be home or come home for a lunch break. Yesterday, I sort of took advantage of having him there. As soon as I knew he was in control of the situation, I slipped out the front door and just sat in my camp chair and looked at the tall pampa (?) grass, and imagined I was sitting on the beach in Pensacola. I tried to forget the terrible morning I had, and tried to regain a little sanity. If my hubby hadn't been able to come home for lunch, I probably would've eventually lost my temper, and maybe a little more of my sanity. :) So I am really grateful that he does come home for lunch almost every day.
- I was thankful for the idea to make a "thankful tree" that I read about on a blog. We sat down and cut out leaves with the boys last night. We're going to put a "tree" up on the wall tonight, and then every day until Thanksgiving, we're going to write something we're thankful for on a leaf, and tape it up on the tree. Wesley is anxious to do our special project as he calls it, and already told me what he's thankful for today- his birthday. :)
- I was thankful that I had a chocolate box cake mix, and a can of cherry pie filling, and a half bag of chocolate chips- I made the end of the day better, than the beginning by making a chocolate cherry cake. Mmmm!
1. I have been super thankful for the beautiful autumn weather we've had the last 2 weeks. We haven't had to have our air or heat on at all. The kids have been able to go outside and play every day. I've been able to open the windows and get some fresh air in the house. This has been especially poignant for me since I have missed the sunshine a lot since we moved to Texas from New Mexico. Since we moved here, it seemed like it just rained all the time. The last 2 weeks have been more "my style". I'm a sunshine girl. :)
2. I am thankful for laundry baskets. My kids have found them to be some of their most fun "toys". They sit in them and make them boats, trains, and all sorts of vehicles. They also started a new thing with them today. They turned them over, and sat on them to watch Dinosaur Train (their fave PBS show). I've been wanting to get some big bean bags for the family room for a while, but, my kids have found an improvised way to sit & watch TV. heehee! Gotta love those imaginations.
3. I am thankful for my piano. I started playing the piano at 5, and was trained until about 20. I love to sit down and play. I used to play for hours everyday before getting married, and having kids. Now I play on Sundays at church, and every once in a while at home for my own enjoyment. I also give lessons. It gives me so much satisfaction teaching others to play. I especially love teaching the 7-10 year old girls. They are so cute! and they're enthusiasm for playing the piano is more intense than my other student's in the past have been. I cannot say how thankful I am that my parents put me through the years of piano lessons. What a joy to have this talent now. Thanks Mom & Dad!
Blessings! -Sarah
































1 comment:
We are doing the same thing....the Thankful tree!! How neat!! And I totally know what you mean about laundry baskets. LeLe and Savannah played with one for like two hours yesterday. Who needs toys when they have stuff like that. LOL Bean bags are a good idea though. Hello Christmas presents. LOL Sorry you had a bad day yesterday, I wished we lived closer, cause I would have taken all the kids (yours and mine) for awhile to give you a break. That is awesome that Bro. Mike gets to come home for lunch. What a blessing just to relax (by yourself) for a little while. Even 5 mins. mean a lot in the middle of a busy day. Love ya!!
Post a Comment