Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm Thankful for...


1. Eggnog! I was reading a blog this morning, and she mentioned eggnog... and lowfat eggnog at that, which I'd never really considered. So, when I went grocery shopping- it just hopped into my cart. lol. That is one of my favorite holiday "treats". And if you're not an eggnog lover- you just might want to skip the photos below. :) And those of you who do love it... this is for you! C'mon over, and lets sip a cup!!



Oh, and did I mention that I've been working hard on getting back into exercise mode?? Tonight I did 25 minutes, and burned 150 calories. Woohoo! But then, I looked at the back of the Egg Nog container...


So, basically, I just worked off the glass of eggnog that I drank. Ha! That figures.

2.The opportunity to serve. I get to play the piano at our church as the main pianist, and I really do enjoy serving in that way. I also have loved previous service opportunities I've had in church- nursery, decorations, bus ministry, ladies meetings. Since having 3 kids, and moving, I haven't been able to get back into doing all of that stuff- and there are other people at our new church doing these things already. I kinda miss it though! Believe it or not. I'm excited that our MOPS group does service projects. Tomorrow we're headed to a retirement community to let the older folks interact with our kiddos, and play a game of bingo. That should be fun, and fulfilling.

3. Pre-made, refrigerated pie crust. They're my friend at the holidays. I'm known for making 10-12 pies for Thanksgiving (when I'm the host, that is!)... and even this year when we go to family for Thanksgiving- you'd better believe I'm using a refrigerated crust. I used to make Martha Stewart's pie crust- now I say- "No, thanks, Martha. I'm keepin' it simple these days!" I can hardly taste a difference... so why put more effort into it than you have to?

Thanksgiving's a week and a day away! Are you ready? There are some really awesome deals on turkeys out there. I picked one up today for $.33 lb! Wow! Even though I'm not making dinner this year, I'm putting it away to entertain with, or maybe for Christmas.?? Hope you find some awesome deals where you are at.

Blessings! -Sarah

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails