Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Jumping Beans!


Our MOPS playgroup.

We got to indulge our kids (and the kid inside us, too- hehe!) at ASI Gymnastics today with our MOPS playgroup. It was Soooo much fun! As I've noted before with the library's preschool program, they kept those kids movin', movin'!

It started with some free play on the trampolines, and an obstacle course, a little balance beam action. Pretty much, they picked what they wanted to do. Got some energy out. Bounced, rolled, laughed, and had fun.

Then the gymnast coaches moved the kids to the rope/ foam pit. That looked so fun! I even put little Aliyah in the big foam block pit. She had a blast just thinking she was doing what the rest of the kids were. The boys had fun swinging "Tarzan-style" into the pit. Umm... I wish they'd let the parents do it too. Lol. That looked Fuuuun!


Justin swinging like Tarzan- aaaaah! :)

They then did a parachute game. I found that very pretty, colorful, and I'd imagine the children found it very fun. We had them help us at first get the parachute up, then the parents got ahold of it, and the kids went underneath. Kind of like a tent. :) You know kids, and going underneath things.





Me n Mike & Aliyah doing the parachute!

They then did a few more games, like a Cookie Monster/Cookie Jar game. It was sort of like "Mother May I?", but a little different. Justin decided to melt down right about then. Lol! Wesley thought the Cookie monster was scary, so he sat on the sidelines with me. They also ran races back and forth to the parents, which was super sweet. Wesley kept coming up to me, hugging me, saying, "I love you, Mom.", and then racing back to the other line. :) I love being a mom!


Racing to their Mommies!


The kids in "the cookie jar"!


Lots of games!
It was only an hour and a half, but it felt like forever! In a good way. :) Wesley didn't want to leave. He wants to go back tomorrow! Ha! I think Justin would be very content with that as well. We will not be going back tomorrow, but hopefully we'll get to go again soon.

I am so happy that my wonderful group leader took some pix, and forwarded them to me. Yay for pictures!! I'm not doing so bad on having pix for my posts- since I don't have a camera.

Oh, and as a side-note, the gymnast coach came up to Mike and said that the boys should be in gymnastics. They have strength in their upper arms that he doesn't see in most kids their age! (Of course, Mike thought that he was trying to market their gymnastics classes- haha!) But, I'm going to take it as a compliment. I always knew our boys were strong! ;)

Blessings! -Sarah


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a good time was had by all. obviously! Love that reading your blog includes terrific background music. It's so cute how the music coincides with the activities. Your blog has so many interesting features. I cannot even get one off the ground, in spite of several attempts. Guess I need a blogging tutor"! Love, Aunt L 'ears

Emily said...

WOW That place looks sooo awesome. Looks like the kids had a blast.

Erin said...

Looks like fun!! I remember going to a birthday party at a gymnastics place when I was young and it was sooo fun!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails