The bad part? I didn't even notice it until I was sitting down in the camp chair on the sidelines of Wesley's game. Too late! Although, I did not secretly wish I could just whisk it off, and turn it right side out, and put it on. :) Umm... nope. Can't do that- I'd get kicked outta there so fast! I also did not sit there and contemplate whether it was worth lugging all my kids, all my stuff back to the van, get them all in the van, and then do a quick change all the while probably having to sit really close to the floor of the van so I wouldn't flash anybody in the busy parking lot. Well, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. So, I sat there with my shirt inside out.
Oh, that wasn't all I did. I chased my 2 year old toddler off the soccer field during the game several times. You'd better believe somebody on the side lines noticed the tag, the serged edges of my sleeves, and the raw hem as I was running around like a fool! Oh, and then there was the jamboree... hmm! Probably like a couple hundred people roaming around, playing with their kids on the bouncy houses, and bouncy slide thingys. Standing in huge lines for free hotdogs, chips, brownies, drinks. Walking over to the helicopter and lifting them up to see inside it. And generally, talking to each other as they waited for their kids to slide down the bouncy slide. Yep! I non-chalantly walked around, played around, and even talked to a few soccer moms at the end of the slide. I wore my inside out shirt proudly- like I was making a fashion statement. hahaha!
Umm.. and the thoughts going through my head as I was doing all of this? "Phew! I'm really glad that I'm wearing this shirt, and not that maternity shirt that I almost wore! Then people would've thought my belly was a baby, and not post-baby-fat!" and "Why? Oh, Why did I not bring a jacket for myself?!" and "Oh, no!!! This safety pin usually works to keep me modest, but I can't exactly safety pin it with 2 wild children on my lap, and without a mirror!! Oh, well! Guess I'm gonna flaunt what God, and breastfeeding gave me!" ;) and "Wasn't wearing your shirt inside out a fad? Right?? I'm just a little behind the times. Oh, dear God! Please don't let me see anybody from church!!!" and "I wonder if I turn the nursing cover around and wear it like a cape...?? Nah! I would look like a leftover from Halloween. That'd probably attract MORE attention than just wearing the dumb inside out shirt."
Just so you know, when I'm getting my three ready theres a good chance that I'm multi-tasking. As in, here's my checklist for those soon-to-be mom friends out there:
- nursing,
- changing diapers,
- feeding 3 mouths, 4 if you include mine- which doesn't always get included,
- getting soccer uniforms and clothing and socks and shoes on, Let me just tell you! Getting this kid ready for soccer is no small task! There's the uniform, the shin guards the special socks, the soccer shorts, the cleats. It takes like 15 minutes just to get him dressed!! Sorry, went off on a little tangent there.
- getting diaper bags ready, including baby food meal for lunch, and a bottle just in case there is some reason why I'm not able to be with my baby and nurse her- God forbid! must be prepared at all times, though. Either that or I really like to carry around everything AND the kitchen sink.
- soccer balls,
- blankets,
- jackets (oops! once again forgot about me- the 4th person),
- snacks and water bottles,
- camping chairs,
- stroller,
- camera, both DSLR and point and shoot; sometimes you have to include the video camera as well.
- sunscreen,
- toys secretly hidden in the purse for bribes, as well as candy as last resort bribes,
- the key to the van- - Oh, where, oh where can it be?!
- Buckling all three of them into their carseats- can you say nightmare!
- Oh, and don't forget the big chug-a-lug of calorie, caffeine laden coffee. Can't do anything without that. Unless you want to walk around like a zombie. You can't afford to do that with my 3, don't know about yours.
- For good measure, make sure you have a DVD player, DVDs, GPS,and more snacks. This should at least get you to your destination. Even if it is only 5 minutes away! :)
On a more serious note, the reason I do these Not Me Monday posts is from the idea I got from a blog I read regularly. I would like to ask y'all to pray for her son, Stellan, and her family. He is in the middle of having a major procedure done on his heart, and it's a life or death procedure. He turned 1 just the other day in the hospital. If you would like to read about it, you can find it here.
Blessings! -Sarah































3 comments:
This totally cracked me up!! Thanks for the laugh! Just goes to show that people don't really 'notice' as much about us as we think. We're all to busy thinking about what everyone else is thinking about us to think about them. Ha ha ha ha!! Love the check list, and Qade loves your slide shows!
No problem! :) I kinda cracked up at myself, too, as I was writing this. heehee. It is amazing that we're so busy worrying about ourselves, that we don't notice stuff like that about others around us. :p
Thanks for the lol! I cackled as quietly as I could cuz dad's sleeping!! And yes in the 70's I wore my sweatshirts inside out to be cool! So you were way cool with your shirt inside out!!
Post a Comment