Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Thank You, Jesus!


Thank you, Jesus, for everything you've done for me!

I really enjoyed our Sunday services at church- even more than usual for some reason. The music and message just flowed together so nicely. Mostly, though, I think it touched me because the text for the morning services was one of my favorite passages, out of my favorite book in the Bible. It made me so thankful for what Jesus did for me, by dying on the cross for my sins. By enduring all the pain and agony, so that I could have a place with Him in heaven.

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.


Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

I really enjoyed my husband's illustrations and applications of all we- like sheep. Or in his terminology- "sheeple"! LOL But, in seriousness- my heart was touched by the description, and how we as God's people stray away so quickly, and don't have the wisdom to return as quickly to our Lord. As he preached, a few songs came to mind. I'm a music gal, and for some reason I always find songs to tie back to what the message says- probably because I can remember them better that way.

Lord, I'm Coming Home
I've wandered far away from God, now I'm coming home.
The path of sin too long I've trod, Lord, I'm coming home.
Coming home; coming home; never more to roam.
Open wide Thine arms of love, Lord I'm coming home

There is a Redeemer
There is a redeemer,
Jesus, God's own Son,
Precious Lamb of God, Messiah,
Holy One,

Jesus my redeemer,
Name above all names,
Precious Lamb of God, Messiah,
Oh, for sinners slain.

Thank you oh my father,
For giving us Your Son,
And leaving Your Spirit,
'Til the work on Earth is done.

When I stand in Glory,
I will see His face,
And there I'll serve my King forever,
In that Holy Place.


Thank you, Jesus!
Blessings! -Sarah

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails