"Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up."
Do you have someone that lifts you up? I need several people to lift me up, actually- not just one. :) One of the most important things in life- to me- is friendship. Faithful, godly, uplifting friends. I've had some of these in my life. I've also found that good friends are hard to come by. I have lots of friends that are fun to be around, that know me to a certain degree, that enjoy doing some of the same things as me... but they aren't necessarily the "soul sister" kind of friend that I'm talking about. It's good to have these kind of friends though. They definitely are uplifting, too.
I have also figured out that I have a list of qualifications, so to speak, that I go through (unconsciously) when I make a close friend. Does anybody else do this? ? ? Usually, they're of a similar age; have similar interests; loves God, and makes their spiritual walk very important in life; encourages and uplifts me, as well as others; some of them have similar aged kiddos- some don't have any; some stay at home- and some don't; and almost always, we have similar values and morals. These are all important to me. That's probably why I don't make best-friends with lots and lots of people. Although, I doubt any of us do. There's always this "knitting" together of our spirits though, too. Like, we're automatically just drawn to each other as friends. I Samuel 18:1 gives a good example of this, "...the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul." That's where I got the word knit from, by the way. Don't you love that?!
These people in my life are the ones that I just let myself be open with, and share my life with- without fear of judgement or rejection. I've heard this kind of friend called, an intimate friend. ?? I don't know. I usually just label them my "best friends". :) You know who you are, girls. I love you! Some of you, I've known a long time, others just a few years. I will never get over these friends in my life though. I have always felt that God gave these friends to me as a blessing. Each place I've been in my life, there have been a couple girls that have become those close friends. I miss them now. They'll be forever in my heart. And, I suppose keeping up via phone, Facebook, email, and such will just have to do for now. :) I'm sure I will eventually find a couple more friends here where I am now. I'm waiting, and looking forward to those blessings.
Some of my highschool and jr. high friends, I don't have pics of on my computer. But here are a few of my "blessings".
Also, I've found the older I get, the closer I am to my own family members again. There was a time when I definitely could say my sisters were some of my best friends. I went away to college, life moved on for me, then for them, and so we did have a growing apart of sorts. As we all have learned to cope with adult life and circumstances that life has thrown us, though, it seems like we are coming back full circle, in a way, to becoming more dear friends again. That makes me so happy! I wish, I hope, and most importantly, I pray that Aliyah will have a sister, too. Sisters are truly the best friend a girl has or will ever have. I've figured that one out. They're stuck with you. They know you like the back of their hand. And even if you're seperated for a long time, they still know you!! It's amazing. :) I love my sisters. However, my mom is probably the dearest friend of them all. She, of course, has a mother's love, but also, now a friendship that is like no other. I really can't explain it. She's just always there for me. Always. I hope I can be like that for my children someday.
You are a True Friend by Twila Paris (an oldie, but goody- haha!)
Seems like you know when I need you,
Seems like He knows who to send.
You never come as a prophet,
Just an open hearted friend.
Faithfully wounding my pride,
Bringing me back to His side,
Sharing the Word that you hide in your heart.
You are a true friend,
Pointing me to Him.
Lifting my downcast eyes,
Turning my wandering gaze to the skies.
Proving your love again,
You are a true friend,
You are a true friend.
Some days I feel like a failure,
And I'd love to leave it all.
I see no reason to go on,
That's when you decide to call.
Making it simple and clear,
That's why your voice is so dear,
My heart takes courage from hearing you say.
You are a true friend.
To all my friends, and especially my "true friends". I love you! You are a blessing to my life.
Blessings! -Sarah


































No comments:
Post a Comment