Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Recipe Share: Jalepeno Cheddar Bread

Do you like your bread to bite you back a little?! Lol. I do!! When a lady in our church sent us home with a loaf of jalepeno cheddar bread a couple months back- I knew I HAD to have her recipe. The consistency of the bread is really what gets me, though. I can make any old jalepeno cheese bread, and it be good. Not this one. The secret is in the simple little box of dough mix, and seriously- keeping it simple is way better than what I could've done in my bread machine or possibly a from-scratch loaf. The bread is softer than I've EVER had before. It's so perfect. I'm going to give away her and now my secret weapon... are you ready?



(Oh, and so you know... she never gave me her recipe except to tell me what kind of dough mix she had used. I've just kind of come up with measurements and such on my own, so feel free to incorporate your own twists on this. I plan on using the dough mix and trying a sundried tomato/basil soon, and I'm going to give the cinnamon roll recipe on the side of the box a whirl sometime too. If you do your own thing- let me know! I want to try too. :)

Jalepeno Cheddar Bread
-1 box Pillsbury Specialty Mix- Hot Roll Mix
-1 c. Hot water
-2 Tbsp. softened butter
-1 egg
-1/4-1/2 cup jalepenos, chopped
-1-2 cups shredded cheddar

1. Follow the directions on the back of the box, incorporating the jalapenos with the dry ingreadients before adding the liquid. Incorporate the shredded cheddar after adding the liquid.

That's it! (You have to knead 5 min., let rest 5 min., form into loaf pans/rolls, let rise for 30 minutes, and cook for 20 min.) It'll be ready for dinner if you start a little over an hour before you want to eat. I always brush it with the butter when it comes out. Gives it the best taste on the outside and in.

Enjoy!

Blessings! -Sarah

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails