So, here are a few of the projects that I did last night. They were all pretty CHEAP, FAST, and EASY! (Those are three of my favorite words combined right now. Can you tell?! lol.)
This craft doesn't cost much, especially if you catch your supplies at Hobby Lobby or Michael's on sale. I think it cost me somthing like $10.
Also, I think the pictures are pretty self-explanatory. However, if you need the directions, here's what I did. I took three small canvases, 3 small wooden snowflakes, and a can of red metallic spraypaint. I painted the snowflakes/canvases to create the look I wanted. I will have to go back with my white acrylic paint, and touch up the snowflakes, as there was a little bit of bleeding. I hung them, because we had the big Christmas party tonight, and I just wanted them UP! :) The last pic in the series is taken looking at the mirror where the snowflakes are hanging, and the reflection is the bay over the window where the canvases are hung.
So, here again, the pictures should suffice. :) However, the directions are: 3 styrofoam cones, scrapbook paper, floral holiday picks, hot glue. Wrap the styrofoam cone with the scrapbook paper, hot glue on where the seam will not show the cone, then trim off the ends (or vice versa if you'd like). Stick the pick on the top. And this craft also is an under $10 craft. My 3rd cone is the gumdrop one my kiddos made a couple weeks ago. I'm actually planning to spruce up the cones a little more. I'll post pics of it, if it actually happens. (Things could start getting crazy around here real soon.)
And I forgot to get a pic of the finished product before they got eaten up by the boys. But these were cute little peppermint "wreaths" that we made for the centerpieces on the dining table for tonight's party. Super easy. Unwrap mints, line baking sheet with foil, put peppermints in circle touching each other. Bake in oven at 250 for 8 or so minutes. Let cool for 15, then make pipe cleaner hangers. Cost- super cheap- maybe $2?
Hope you enjoyed seeing the craft craziness that happened over the last 24 hours. It was fun! I am tired! But I hope to keep crafting up a storm, 'cuz it just makes me feel so creative.
Blessings! -Sarah































1 comment:
Hey Sarah, everything looks great! I love the scrapbook paper trees. I saw those peppermint wreaths, and thought about doing them but all I kept thinking about was like ants or roaches or something finding them. LOL We live out in the country so we probably have more of a problem out here. And sorry about your ornament wreath, looked like it would have been very pretty.
Love ya!!
Post a Comment