Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Recipe Share: Key Lime Pie... a personal favorite.

I always juice my limes, and have always juiced key limes. However, a man in our church gave me a bunch of fresh limes picked off his tree, so I figured it wouldn't matter too much. And it didn't. Aren't they perty?!

I've been MIA from my Thursday recipe share blog posts for a couple weeks with other holiday happenings, so I'd better get back in the groove of doing my typical Thursday posts. This is one of my favorite summer,Thanksgiving and any time of the year pies. It is also one of the easiest pies to make. If you like tang & sweet, this will definitely fit the bill.

The reason I'm making this pie right now is because I have a young man coming over for our Christmas party tomorrow night that is a native to the Florida keys. He mentioned that he really misses the key lime pies, and since I used to live in Florida as well, I can totally relate. You just can't get key lime pie in the restaurants and freezer section like they have there. However, homemade is a different story.

The ingredients are pretty simple!

Key Lime Pie

Ingredients:
3 egg yolks
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c key lime juice
1 graham cracker pie crust

Directions:
1. Combine ingredients; Put custard into pie shell.
2. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, then refrigerate for several hours before serving.

Optional: The restaurant I always enjoyed this at, Flounders in Pensacola, also put whipped cream and either mango or raspberry sauce drizzled on top. It was awesome. So, try that sometime. To make the sauce, just put the fruit in a small pot with some sugar, and cook it down to a syrup. When you make the raspberry, strain the syrup, so the seeds are not in the syrup.


Right outta the oven. Yummy!

That's it! Enjoy.

Blessings- Sarah

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yeah!!!! Finally!! LOL Perfect recipe also. I love key lime pie, but have actually never made it.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails