Today, and pretty much the last week has been "one-of-those-days". We've been sick. We've been sleepless. I've had a few
I've also been mulling over Christmas plans. Trying to line up all our church parties, family activities, travelling arrangements, present buying. Pretty much- the frenzied, maddening pace of Christmas has started off with a bang already. But, it is nice to have plans rather than sit at home twiddling our thumbs. (Yeah right! When have we ever done that?! lol) See? Another silver lining. Or, maybe that wasn't one.?? I'm still learning about these silver-linings, so pardon me.
Oh, and the crafts! I've been trying hard to get the advent calendar finished so we can get started on it! Since I've been the primary caregiver most of the waking moments of the day, I just haven't gotten to it! It's either the mountain of laundry or the calendar. The stack of dishes or the calendar. Fix dinner or the calendar. And tonight? It was laundry or the treadmill... no calendar even on the radar. Hmm... of course, my wifely/motherly duties have had to come first. No matter how much I want to get that thing done! I'll give you a sneak peak though, 'cuz I think it's gonna be so cute when it's finished! Silver. Lining. Folks!
Me working late into the night on it.
It's getting there! Still needing a lot of sewing, gluing, laminating,
Oh, forget it! I'm never gonna get it done.
Oops! I was supposed to be finding the silver lining.
Honestly though, the silver lining today?
My beautiful children... and the fact that when the Polar Express music on my blog comes on, they get this angelic look on their faces, and crowd around the computer or sit on the couch and try to sing the songs.
My daughter also "singing" lalalala... we've been practicing singing those very words you see. She's so brilliant! I sing "fa-la-la-la-laaaa La-la-la-laaaa!", and she sings "la-la-la-la Laaa!" back to me. It's one of the most darling things I've seen any of my babies do. And she graced me with it today on a day that I needed a little silver in the lining.
The fact that my boys can entertain themselves for a good 30 minutes in the big bathtub. You'd better believe they've been getting way more baths than usual lately! lol. I'll take any 30 minutes of no bickering/wrestling/whining etc... I can get!
My hubby working so hard for us to be able to live comfortably, and buy our children presents for Christmas. It brings tears to my eyes. We really miss him when he's not here though.
How sweet it was that my hubby decided to work from our home computer for a few hours this afternoon while the kids were sleeping- and insisted that I go lay down for a nap too- that he had it "covered"- since he knew I was getting close toanother psychotic breakdownthe end of my motherly tolerance. Unfortunatley, he had to leave before any of us were up. But it was really good to catch a few Zzz's! I sure did need them.
So that's been the silver linings in my day... does that refer to some dark rain cloud? I think so! Haha.
Anyways, hope y'all have a really great 1st weekend of December! I'm not doing my normal posts this week... and probably won't be "normal" around the blog for the entire month. But I'll do my best to get on here as much as I can.
Blessings, Y'all! -Sarah































2 comments:
That is so funny about the bath thing. I do the same thing. I open the door that leads into our bedroom from the bathroom, and when they are in the bath, I fold clothes and hang clothes up. I can get it all done at one time without having to stop every 5 seconds. LOL
Awesome! I never thought to do that before... I'll have to try that next time. (Wish I'd read this last night, as we had the same thing happening here.)
Post a Comment