Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A girl's gotta be pretty!!

So many titles to choose from:

- Rite of Passage (baby girl edition)
- Startin' the Piercings kinda early there, aren't ya mom?
- It ain't easy being beautiful.
- Did I mention, they're 24 karat?!
- I am not a boy! And my mom made sure you know it!!

Have you figured out what I'm talking about yet?

Aliyah Beah got her ears pierced!!



Is that not the most adorable thing you've ever seen?! Not that she wasn't the most beautiful baby on the entire earth to start with. But now, baby girl's got *Bling*! lol. That sounded weird.

Anyways, we took her to the pediatrician to ensure everything was sterile, and done properly. Aliyah knew something was up as soon as the ped laid her down on the table. She must've remembered her shots from 2 months ago... because she started crying right then! (and she doesn't hardly cry). Then I had to hold her head and arms still while our Dr. carefully pierced both ears. She cried and sobbed the hardest I've ever heard her in my life. Seriously! She was really upset. It made me sad. But about 30 minutes later, being toted around by her Papa to show off her darling *24-karat* gold studs, she was as happy as a lark. So it didn't make me feel too bad. However, I think she was a little mad at me, because she wouldn't nurse for a few hours afterwards. :)

The price we girls pay for beauty. Aaah. :) She'll thank me later though. She'll never remember the pain. And her ears will form better as she grows with the earrings already in. I know some of you might be thinking of how awful it is for me to do this to a poor 8 month old. Sorry. It's just a choice my husband and I decided to make. :) And I think she looks pretty adorable with those earrings in! Now to make sure I twist 'em and sterilize 'em 3-4 times a day for the next 6 months.




Blessings! -Sarah

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness she looks adorable!!! So Cute. And I hate when people say Avah is a boy, really makes me mad. LOL

Auntie Erin said...

I think it's better to get it done early for sure! She looks adorable!

Amber Ricketts said...

So cute! I found your blog! I did not know you had one...lol

I use to peirce ears at Claire's! I got Elizabeth's done when she was little too. She cried for a split second and was okay.

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Hey, Amber! :) Here I am. How'd you find me? Am I on a famous blog and don't know it?! lol. (yeah, right! hehe.) Anyways... I love how cute she looks with the earrings. She's been fussing everytime I twist them or put rubbing alcohol on them though. :(

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails