Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

No, I can't hear you, but I have really great vision.

No, he didn't actually say all that, but when we went to the doctor's office this afternoon to get his ears checked, he did tell our Dr. "I have really great vision, 'cuz I'm a dinosaur." :)

He was actually talking quite loudly over the Doctor and my conversation about his hearing. She was asking if he talks really loud like that all the time? Yes. She asked if he had complained about his ears at all. No, the only time I know he has an ear infection is when he gets a fever. Well, he had a double ear infection apparently... no fever. Ughhhh. I explained that he hasn't been responding to us much when his back is to us. That's what alerted us to possibly needing to get his ears checked. Now to find out whether their crude hearing checker thingy worked. Wait? What??! The machine said "Refer"? Like, he needs to be referred to a specialist? Yes. Apparently it didn't pick up what it was supposed to.

Poor lil' guy. I guess the inevitable has come... we're now going to have to go to an ENT specialist sometime soon. He's had so many ear infections in his 4 years of life, usually just one trip after another to the Dr. for ears from October through March, and occasionally a random one between April and September. It's kinda sad. I really hope he doesn't have any permanent hearing loss.

I'll probably post something else about this after we take him. Until then, keep our little bubba in your prayers.

Standing in the need of prayer- Sarah

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails