Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Opportunity to be a Blessing.

Today we had an opportunity to go to a local nursing home with our MOPS group, and sing Christmas carols, hand the elderly a handmade ornament the children made, and bring a few smiles to their faces. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I really want our children to learn to be a blessing to others by giving of themselves. This was the perfect opportunity to expose them to this concept. I'm sure it will take a few years for the concept to sink in, don't get me wrong. I'm just glad that we got to experience it now. It wasn't just a blessing to the elderly at the nursing home, it was a blessing to me to see my children bringing joy to others.

They did wander around a little wide-eyed. I'm not sure what they thought, exactly. Justin especially hung back, and just stuck by my side- which is unusual for him. He's usually the independent one. Wesley, on the other hand just went right up to a couple different elderly folks, and started talking to them, and sweetly said, "Merry Christmas!". And, what do you think the sweet little grandmas thought of Aliyah? (She had a cute little candy cane romper on, with a huge red bow on her head. Need I say more?!) Several of them just wanted to look at her, and hold her hand. She definitely brought a smile to many faces.

Thank you Lord, for using my children today to bring happiness to others.

And of course, I will share the pics. :) You know me!


This little old lady was the SWEETEST thing! She just kept talking to me and the kids, and really loved us being there.



A group shot, although I think we were missing some kiddos.



We were serenaded beautifully by this lady playing the guitar.
And one of the moms made these cute little jingle bell shakers for the kiddos to carry around with them. Awesome!!



They actually seemed like they didn't want to leave! There was an older couple standing by the doors as we were getting coats on to leave, and the boys just stood there and talked and talked to them. I'm so proud of those little cherubs of mine. And I'm super-duper thankful that our MOPS group decided to do this.

Blessings! -Sarah

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails