Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Not Me & My Kids Monday

It's Monday!! Yay! And that means it's time for Not Me Monday! Yay! I love recounting our "bloopers" from the week before, and giving y'all a little something to laugh about. :)

At the Dr.'s office this past week, my 4 year old did not tell me in a hushed but stern whisper, "Shh, Mom!!! Remember to be good at the Doctor's office!!" To which I whispered back, "Ok, Wesley. I'll remember to be good." (And I tried really hard to hide my big smile as I said it.)

He also did not tell my hubby Sunday while getting dressed for church, "God told me I don't have to wear church clothes to church!" :) Guess who's been fighting us tooth and nail lately on what he's wearing. He mostly just wants to wear sweat pants & t-shirts. So church clothes don't really fit into that category. Ha!

My little 8 month old baby did not start imitating her brothers this week by making 'car sounds'. You see, the boys around here make the "B-b-b-brooooom! EEEeeeeh! B-b-b-brooooom!" noise nearly constantly in our home. Poor thang! She's gonna end up being a tomboy if I don't plan some intervention. And quick! lol.

She also did not watch her Papa give me a kiss, then lean over and kiss me too. The sweetness! The love! Oh, I just can hardly take it. :)

Oh, and we did not put off lowering her crib rails since she wasn't standing up until yesterday, when she finally decided pull up. Nope! Not us. (I can't believe she's pulling up!! But I guess she is almost 9 months now.)

Oh, and...


No, Mom! I didn't write on my brother's face with the dry-erase marker.



Ohhhh! Wait! You mean, his face wasn't part of the dry-erase board you said I could write on?!?

And as for me, I have no idea where my kids get their funny quirks from. :) Not Me!! Oh, ha! Wait... That was me that laughed so hard during my turn at playing Balderdash, that my face turned red, and I lost my breath, and I nearly had to run to the bathroom, and everybody started wondering if I was ok. I still have no clue why the King Louis answer tickled my funny bone so much! lol. All I know is, I laughed too hard. And that was fun! And I promise that I'll try really hard to work on my poker face. (I guess I have a hard time keeping what I'm thinking from appearing really suddenly on my face! ha! who knew?!)

And in case you didn't giggle enough reading my "Not Me & My Kids" today, head on over to MckMama's site, and read all about other people's Not me's too. IT's FUN!

Blessings! -Sarah



2 comments:

Lady D said...

Not Me Mondays are becoming a favorite for Dad and I to read:)

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Believe it or not, it's just as fun writing it as it is to remember the funnies. :)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails