Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fast. Cheap. Easy. Crafting: Apothecary Jar & Painted Frame/Mirror

For some reason I decided
 that I'm going to put the finished project up first.

Maybe to entice you to read my long posts. Lol.
(The 1st pic is to entice you to go to the 2nd half of the post.)

A fast.cheap.easy. Apothecary Jar!!!
(For those of you who don't visit craft blogs regularly like me,
and haven't seen it done a million times already.)

Supplies Needed:
-Gorilla Glue
-Hurricane from Walmart's craft section ($3)
-Sundae glass (in my cupboard)
-- I did see those same Sundae glasses @ WM. FYI.--
Also, you can substitute a small vase,
or candlestick for the Sundae glass.


So, you might want to actually follow the packaging directions
 for the Gorilla Glue.

Unlike me.
Who decided not to read anything before making this.
Mmm-kay. Duh.

It needs to be slightly wet.
And it needs to be clamped down.
Both things I failed to do.
Oh, boy.
And you'll need to let it sit for a while to let the glue cure.

However, mine seems to be holding together ok.
And since it's just a display piece,
 I'm not gonna worry 'bout it.

I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy another
Fast.Cheap.Easy. Craft adorning my home.

And while I'm at it...
I'm also going to enjoy my newly "Refurbished" Mirror.



Before    and     After

It didn't take too much for this transformation.

Just removed the mirror from the frame.


Use some red spray paint.


Several thin coats of red spraypaint later...


Frame or Mirror?
BOTH!
(Do you know me well enough yet to know,
I get bored with my decor? lol.)

I especially like when the mirror frames my 2 favorite little boys.



3 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Cute Sarah!! I'm about to repaint some photo frames I don't like, with something like that! :) The apothecary jar is cute too, I've seen it done alot of different ways, and I like the way you did it!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Thanks. :)

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

WOW - GREAT work girl!!! I am so overwhelmed by the idea of making decor for my home! I still haven't hung photos since we repainted TWO years ago. SOOOO sad! MY perfectionism actually stops me cause I get overwhelmed that I won't get it "right."

THANK YOUR for your supportive comment on my post today!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails