Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fast. Cheap. Easy. Crafting: Valentine's Wall Decor



Well, obviously it needed an update.

And since I kept the back of the frame open
(because I knew I'd be trying my hand at other things, too),
I created another

 Fast. Cheap. Easy. Valentine's themed piece of "art".

I decided I needed a piece of cardboard for the backing.
So, I cut up a cake board to fit.


See?

I purchased some of my favorite scrapbook paper to make this
"piece of art".
Then I used a really technical process to make this piece of
"art".

Ahhh--hahahaha! Gotcha.

I just used a glue stick, and glued it all together.
(I'm not technical, I just do things the "fast & easy" way. lol.)


Then, I attached my rose heart.
No. I didn't make it. Although that might've been cheaper.
But I'm not gonna think too hard about that.
It was fast. And that's good enough for me.

And here it is displayed on my mantle.

I'm thinking I might use a wider red ribbon,
and attach the rose wreath that way.

But I'm just lovin' how cute this really
Fast. Cheap. Easy. "art" turned out.





P.S. I've never done this before,
but since I receive so many wonderful ideas from this site,
I'm going to link up to:



DIY Day @ ASPTL


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that. I've got some black frames that need an update too, I'll sooo be copying off of you!

Treasia Stepp said...

What a cute easy idea. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Oh, good, Kim! I'm glad that you'll be able to copy. :)

Thank y'all!

Blessings- Sarah

Delightful Dwelling said...

It looks so pretty! I love the rose wreath, so gorgeous.

Nicole said...

This is adorable! I love the papers you used they really make the red of the wreath pop!

Expressions by Heather said...

I love it- and I have a little heart shaped wreath packed away somewhere, I'll have to try this!

I found you at Today's Creative Blog!

Kathy C. said...

Oh my goodness ~ that's adorable! I was just saying the other day that I need to get started creating some decor for Valentines, this is now on the top of my list. :) Thanks!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Oh, awesome. Glad that my simple little decoration is helpful.

Blessings!
-Sarah

Catherine said...

Sooooo cute. I need one of these!

Aimee Cotton Bogush said...

Truly brilliant! I am having a love affair with pretty papers, now I know what to do! Thanks for the great idea!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails