(Just so you know, I've been adding to this post for a few weeks)
I need some decoration on my mantle.
I need some decoration on my mantle.
Desperately.
See?!? A blank slate.
This is my "after-Christmas" *look*.
Not really pleasing to the eye! Is it. lol.
It's beginning to take shape for Valentine's Day.
There are a few more things I need to add
to complete the look.

Of course, I did originally have a mirror & wrought iron crosses,
along with some knick-knacks and such up on the mantle.
But I've found better spots for all that stuff.
Like, here. In my beautiful hallway.
But I really want it to have a nice "everyday" look
for when it's not decorated for a holiday.
So, I've been trying to find some projects to make some...
This is my "after-Christmas" *look*.
Not really pleasing to the eye! Is it. lol.
It's beginning to take shape for Valentine's Day.
There are a few more things I need to add
to complete the look.
Of course, I did originally have a mirror & wrought iron crosses,
along with some knick-knacks and such up on the mantle.
But I've found better spots for all that stuff.
Like, here. In my beautiful hallway.
But I really want it to have a nice "everyday" look
for when it's not decorated for a holiday.
So, I've been trying to find some projects to make some...
Cheap. Fast. Easy.
(My motto- remember?)
decorations for the mantle.
I found this faux mercury glass technique
over at My Backyard Eden,
and I know I have a few vases under the sink
that could be prettied up.
Like this!
Oh, and I'm just drooling over
all those handmade signs that I've been seeing on etsy.
This one over at Susie Harris' blog may be my favorite one.
The colors on this sign,
the words on this sign, it's just so perfect!!
the words on this sign, it's just so perfect!!
Drooling.
However, I think that the idea of using
contact paper might make it an easier project. ?
We'll see, once I have a go at it.
And, you can bet I'll be using my new Cricut
to cut some of the words out!!
All Things Thrifty had some inspiring wall art, too.
I love the look of this painted MDF board.
Although, we will not be cutting into any boards around here.
Just using contact paper, and paints.
I love her design!!!
Since Valentine's Day is approaching, and I now have a Cricut
I really need to make this sign.
Found at The Polka Dot Chair.
I really should give the wood block thing another try.
(The last attempt was a flop.)
These ones at Brown Paper Packages have especially inspired me,
since she says you can have 16+ words out of them!
And this was my inspiration for my current mantlescape...
(yes, it's unfinished)
One of my friends, can't remember who... posted this pic.
And I adored the grouping of frames & mirrors.
So that's what I'm going for.
Only I have too many cutie-pies not to fill the frames up.
So, do you have any ideas for me?
What do you think??
However, I think that the idea of using
contact paper might make it an easier project. ?
We'll see, once I have a go at it.
And, you can bet I'll be using my new Cricut
to cut some of the words out!!
All Things Thrifty had some inspiring wall art, too.
I love the look of this painted MDF board.
Although, we will not be cutting into any boards around here.
Just using contact paper, and paints.
I love her design!!!
Since Valentine's Day is approaching, and I now have a Cricut
I really need to make this sign.
Found at The Polka Dot Chair.
I really should give the wood block thing another try.
(The last attempt was a flop.)
These ones at Brown Paper Packages have especially inspired me,
since she says you can have 16+ words out of them!
And this was my inspiration for my current mantlescape...
(yes, it's unfinished)
One of my friends, can't remember who... posted this pic.
And I adored the grouping of frames & mirrors.
So that's what I'm going for.
Only I have too many cutie-pies not to fill the frames up.
So, do you have any ideas for me?
What do you think??





































4 comments:
Looks great! It's so funny how we frequent the same blog, and want the same things!! Haha, gotta love it. :)
Cool ideas....think it will all be beautiful whatever you do!
I sooo totally know what you mean about doing the same projects. LOL I just bought some wood blocks to make a word decoration. I just can't figure out which word I want to do!! LOL And I sooooo wish I had a mantle, there are sooooooo many cute ideas out there for mantles. I think your mantle looks cute. I sort of like the simple, not very decorated look of mantles. Some mantles I have seen are just too cluttered. But I do LOVE the word banner thingy!! I think those are very cute!! Well, I have blabbed enough. Talk to you later!!
I'm sure we all follow the same blogs... since we all like to craft. lol. :)
Emily! You should just use one of those wooden shelves as a mantle. That's what I did (way back in Pensacola) when I didn't have a mantle to work off of. In fact, I need to pull those wood shelves back out... Oooh! That just gave me an IDEA! lol. Now I'm glad I decided to write this comment. :)
Post a Comment