Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My 4 year old's New Year Resolution

There hasn't been much prompting or pressuring from me to my 4 year old on staying dry through the night and not wearing Pull-Ups anymore. I had thought that once all the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's stuff settled down, I might try working on it with him, since he turned 4 in November.

Imagine my surprise, on New Year's Day- no less!- when he told us rather matter-of-factly, "Mom. I don't need to wear pull-ups anymore. I'm a big boy! I'm going to just wear undies to bed now."

I was so proud of him. Yet, unsure whether he could actually stay dry. I definitely didn't want to discourage this new-found interest in being a big boy though, so we just went with it that night. And guess what?! That little 4 year old's "resolution" on New Year's Day stuck! Woo-hoo! So, now I have one child completely out of diapers. And I am seriously doing the happy dance now as I go to Walmart and have one less package of diapers to buy every week. 

By the way. That 4 year old New Year's Resolution felt like a super-duper gift to mommy. :) I'm so blessed to have such a brilliant, and capable child. Thank you, Lord.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails