However, since I was thinking about my lack of motivation distraction this past week last night, I thought I'd share how lazy relaxed parents we were last night and this morning.
We did not allow our newly mobile daughter to crawl all over the dining table while we played "Uno Moo" (Or... "Oh, no! Moo." according to Wesley) with the other two munchkins. Nope! Ca-Razy! :) Of course, if there are pictures to prove it, then I guess maybe we did. lol.
My hubby and I did not stay up until 1am playing Catan and talking with our friends. Why on earth would we do that?! lol. (Cuz it's fun!) By the way, this is becoming a ritual- a fun, but really bad habit. Yikes!
Because we stayed up late, then the kids eventually all crawled in bed with us in the middle of the night, then woke me up at 6:30 this morning... I did not let them pull out the pillows and blankets from the bed and jump onto them Geronimo style. Lazy... oh, yeah... Relaxed parenting. ;) They were so cute. And so much fun... you would've let them do it, too, if you'd seen them. Or if you'd been trying to figure out a way to get caffeine in your system intravenously, while trying to prop your eyelids open with toothpicks. lol.
Oh... what's that you say? What happened to Justin's eye?? Well, he did not decide to be a monkey jumping on the bed during his naptime, bumping his head on the headboard, and ending up having to get "stitches" (glue?). No. We did not give him a black eye. lol.
And while we were at the doctor's office, we had Aliyah's mole looking thing removed. And I did not wake up the next morning to find her covered in blood. I did not freak out when I saw that. Nope! Not me. :) Once we got the bleeding to stop, the area has started to heal up just fine. That was a tad scary though.
I did not pre-treat all her bloody clothes, blankets, and such, then forget to stick them in the washer for 3 days. Oops! However, I must give some props to Spray 'n Wash with Resolve. The clothing came out without a spot!! Wow. Amazing stuff.
There were so many Not Me's that happened this week... but those are the only things I can remember right now highlights. Have a great week!
If you'd like to check out some more fun "Not Me" posts, check out MckMama's blog here. She started this amazingly fun "carnival" of blog posts. Lots of laughs there! :) Enjoy.
































9 comments:
haha! love the pillow pileup! those moments are the greatest, even if someone ends up with a black eye...
Very true! :)
My one year old loves to climb on top of the table too! He always makes me nervous...but has so much fun sitting up there!
No wonder Mike looks a little tired playing the uno moo game!! No wonder JJ shouted I got an ouchie to me during our phone time this week! BTW I have been winning at Catan like crazy until yesterday but I did not brag as one of my children chose to do!!
lol LOVE IT..your kiddos are cuties.
Hehe...I am not sure if I am looking forward to my son becoming mobile or not.
I mean...omg...someday he could get a black eye from jumping on the bed? I freak out when he scratches his own face.
Grea post.. :)
Thank y'all!
To *~boom~*... don't worry, I was that way with my 1st child. :) As you have more children, and such, taking things like self induced black-eyes and bleeding gets a teensy bit easier. Not always easy, but a bit less difficult than when I was a 1st time mommy! Hope that helps.
Go Mom!! Too bad it doesn't seem that Seafarer's is your thing. I haven't even played that version yet. :) Soon, though, I'm sure.
Yikes, I would be freaked to wake up to that, too! Glad everything is ok!
Cute kiddos! Love your baby on the table! :)
Post a Comment