Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Not Me & My Kids

It was a busy week. Travelling back home from Illinois, entertaining for New Year's Eve, watching way too much football on New Year's Day, and settling back into home. And, yet, our children continue to make us laugh-out-loud quite often with things they say and do. This "Not Me Monday" post is my effort to recapture the week's funny moments & fess up to things I'd rather not admit happen around here. I link up to MckMama's party, and if you want to read more funny posts like mine, head on over to her site!

So, this week, while saying a mealtime prayer, Wesley finished it off with a bit of a crazy word... not the usual Amen. And he was being rather goofy, so I made sure he knew that we didn't act that way when we're talking to God. Then, I did not start singing that "Amen" song. You know the one? I remember it from that old movie "Lilies of the Field", but I have heard it all my life here and there. That's when it happened. Wesley did not rather goofily say, "A-girl" while I was singing my "A-men". I just had to stop my little song, and start giggling. :) He was rather proud of himself for thinking of such a funny. And, I have to say... I was too. That was pretty clever. lol.

As we finished our shopping at Tractor Farm Supply (Oooh! Aaahh! Wooow! -totally dripping with sarcasm  not true... yeah. you really don't need to be jealous over that shopping trip. ha.), Wesley did not point to Walmart, and say, "Look, Mom. There's Walmart. That's where we live!" Mmm. Okay then. We moved to Greenville, Texas, y'all. It's hickville a country town. (oops, did I just say that?! ;p) Umm.. yeah. Walmart's a big deal here. Pretty much there are no other options for shopping, and oftentimes for entertainment in the big Gville outside of going to Wally World. I hate that, by the way am so blessed to be able to lead a simple life. :) Right? Keepin' it real for ya there. (thus all the lined out words)

I generally do not let the boys go into Aliyah's room when she first wakes up from a nap because she will occasionally fall back asleep. They've gotten in trouble for that a few times, in fact. (Nooo. Not my boys!) However, one particular day, I asked Justin if he wanted to go in and get the baby up with me. He was very excited about it. So, when I got Aliyah Beah (that's my nickname for her) out of the bed, he wanted to hold her. I said, "You love Aliyah Beah, don't you?"; he said, "No. E-Beah." And that truly is what he calls her. His did not adapt a nickname from my nickname. It's pretty cute! Don't you love it when kids come up with this stuff, and it becomes a permanent part of your family's vocabulary?

While we were eating Sunday afternoon dinner, my little Justin did not pick up his green beans with his fingers (not that unusual), then put them on the tines of the fork, (ok. that's strange.), then put them into his mouth. It's a process you see. He's still figuring out how to use utensils to eat. :) Not just his fingers. I'm glad he's figuring it all out, slowly but surely.

And as we were leaving for church Sunday evening, I was trying to get Aliyah ready to go out the door. As I walked out of my bedroom, I called her name out. I could hear her, but for some odd reason I couldn't find her. We've noticed she likes to crawl under things a lot lately (we've found her under her brother's bed, under the end tables, all the way under the Christmas tree to name a few). Today, I did not find her standing up under our kitchen table. I have to get used to our little one standing up now. She makes for a more compact, and easier to lose person when she's upright. Especially since she's still so tiny. :) These are the excuses I'm giving, anyways, for losing track of where she was, and not being able to find her. lol.

So, what were you up to this past week? Anything that you'd like to fess up to? I hope you enjoyed our Not Me's. Have a happy week!



2 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Cute cute!

The Writer said...

Nice! I got a daughter,(6), and she keeps us busy with her creativeness,...here lately she has decided that bedtime prayer goes quicker if she's the one leading it as opposed to me or mommy. Funny stuff.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails