It's here!!
The 2nd Recipe Share MckLinky party.
I wasn't sure if all my computer problems would keep it from happening. So now I'm so excited that it is indeed happening. Yay!
Looking forward to the recipes that get posted this week.
I can't wait to try Mrs. J's rice (anything with green chiles sounds absolutely wonderful!) from last week, and my dear friend Jenna's "sneaking in the veggies" meal. Love anytime I can get a few more veggies in my family. And it's always fun & challenging to sneak them in. :) Thank you ladies for sharing last week.
Now for my recipe share for this week...
With my mind always on green chile,
I decided to share a side dish
that we have enjoyed often.
I've even brought it to potlucks!
I grew up on Cream of Wheat...
Know what I mean??
But since my hubby is from the South,
Grits are where it's at.
And I have to admit, this dish "won me over".
Since we lived in the Southwest for
quite a few years,
This Recipe really combines the two...
I decided to share a side dish
that we have enjoyed often.
I've even brought it to potlucks!
I grew up on Cream of Wheat...
Know what I mean??
But since my hubby is from the South,
Grits are where it's at.
And I have to admit, this dish "won me over".
Since we lived in the Southwest for
quite a few years,
This Recipe really combines the two...
Green Chile Cheese Grits
Ingredients:
1/2-1 cup of green chiles chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup quick-cooking grits
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a 3- or 4-quart pan over high heat, bring chicken stock to a boil. Add grits, reduce heat to medium, and stir until stock is absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in butter, cheese, and chiles.
2. In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of the cooked grits into the beaten eggs. When blended, stir this mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the grits. Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole. Bake until just set, 25 to 30 minutes.
Give it a whirl! You just might like it. :)
Can't wait to hear from y'all out there, and what y'all have been cooking.
Enjoy!
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup quick-cooking grits
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a 3- or 4-quart pan over high heat, bring chicken stock to a boil. Add grits, reduce heat to medium, and stir until stock is absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in butter, cheese, and chiles.
2. In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of the cooked grits into the beaten eggs. When blended, stir this mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the grits. Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole. Bake until just set, 25 to 30 minutes.
Give it a whirl! You just might like it. :)
Can't wait to hear from y'all out there, and what y'all have been cooking.
Enjoy!
































3 comments:
gotta love grits!! These look tasty too! I'm going to try to add a recipe this week!
I did it! I posted a recipe!
I hope you do post your recipe this week Erin! Sorry I'm late on getting it going.
Yay Hannah!! I'm proud of ya. :)
Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment