Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recipe Share Link Party is here!

Sorry I'm a little late getting the recipe share up
this week, y'all!

You know what to do...
Publish your own recipe on your blog,
then link that post's "permalink"
with Mr. MckLinky here!

And we'll exchange recipes.
Yummi-ness.

Last week, LadyD (my own dear mother!) shared her yummy coffee cake recipe with us. Can I just say, I've been enjoying that cake for over (**ahem**) 20 years! lol. Y'all thought I was gonna tell you how old I was there, didn't you?! Anyways, that coffee cake is an absolute fave of mine. I make it for my family on special occasions.

And my sis also linked up a new recipe, Spicy Torilla Soup, that I'm dying to try! So go give those new recipes a whirl, or come on and share one of your own this week. I have so many new recipes already, thanks to this Recipe Share. So awesome.

And, with the Super Bowl coming up this weekend,
I figured I'd share not one,
but TWO
recipes that I like to make when
we have a Par-tay
at our home.

So come on,
give a new recipe a try this week!

Here's mine.

This recipe came to me via Pampered Chef a looooong time ago. I've made it, and everyone that tries it, loves it! (Feel free to change it up with different ingredients. In fact, I've made a Dessert one similarly.)

Chicken & Broccoli Braid
Ingredients:
2 c cooked chicken, chopped (or 2 lg. cans of chunk chicken)
1 c broccoli, chopped
1/2 c red bell pepper, chopped
1 c shredded sharp cheddar
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 c mayonaisse
2 tsp. Dill weed
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 pkg (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp slivered almonds (I don't recall doing this step! lol)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix chopped chicken, broccoli, pepper, cheese, garlic, mayo, dill, and salt in large mixing bowl.
3. Unroll both pkgs. of crescent rolls. Don't seperate. Roll dough into a 12x15" rectangle.
4. Make 8 cuts on each of the long sides, approx. 1" apart. Spoon the chicken & veggie mixture onto the crescent rolls.
5. Pull up each side, twist one time each side, then pinch together. Repeat until each 1" piece is overlayed.
6. Brush on egg white & sprinkle with almonds.
7. Bake 25-28 minutes or until brown.

Sounds a little complicated, but it's really not. A food processor, or food chopper really helps a lot with all the chopping that is required- fyi. :) This is sooooo good. You just have to try it.

I also really like to do a big crockpot of chili, and have a bunch of chips with different kinds of dip at the SuperBowl party. I have so many amazing dip recipes, that it was hard to decide which one to put here! I decided on a classic.

Taco Dip
Ingredients:
1 pkg Tostito scoops
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can black olives, sliced
1 pkg Mexican flavor shredded cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
1 container sour cream
4 green onions, sliced thinly

Directions:
1. Mix cream cheese, sour cream & Taco seasoning until creamy. Spread in 9x13 pan.
2. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
3.  Serve with Tostitos.

I wish I had some pictures of these two recipes to share. Since I'm still dealing with not having a computer at home, I have no way to get them on here. Maybe I'll eventually come back and load them up though.

So what have y'all been cooking? Or what are you planning to cook for SuperBowl Sunday? Can't wait to hear about it. Link up your recipes. Mr. MckLinky will be open until Saturday night.




3 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Yay, I finally did it! LOL We make that Pampered chef recipe all the time except we make the chicken & bacon one! SO yummy and so easy! We actually had that for dinner last week.

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Oh I don't think anyone will be able to see Hannah's recipe because her blog is for invited readers only..

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

That sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing your jambalaya recipe, too. Looks good. I "adapt" my recipe whenever I try my hand at that too. :) Oh, yeah... I already let Hannah know. I think she just wants to keep her blog private.

Love,
Sarah

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails