Being a mommy to 3 kiddos that are all so young and so close in age means that I blow my top more than I'd like to admit. It means that I spend more time clothing, changing, feeding, doing for them more than I do just about anything else each day. It means that I don't converse on an adult level often. It means I drink way too much coffee just to survive. It means- - I need a lifeline to other adults. People that inspire me to be all that I can be. People that encourage me to be a good wife, mother & Christian. And that is why I feel the need to blog. That is why I desire to connect with friends and family on Facebook.
All that being said... there is still something within me that says- - slow down and savor the moment when the occasion arises, instead of plugging into the "computer world" when the kids go down for sleep. And this past Friday, I awoke to a computer that wouldn't turn on. So, I've been getting to experience being "unplugged" for a few days. I will be experiencing it for at least another week until our techie friend has a chance to look it over & doctor it up. I'll be occasionally on my hubby's computer... that is if I can stand using his dinosaur of a laptop. It's great for word processing. Doing anything on the internet though is a nightmare. So, I'm looking forward to a week of being much more "unplugged".
I will still post my Thursday Recipe Share/ MckLinky party. I may even blog a few times. There probably won't be many pictures, since the laptop doesn't have a CF card reader. And I'm not gonna be hanging out as much. But for some reason, it kind of makes me feel relaxed. This is slightly strange. I'm not sure very many will relate. But that's what's going on for me. And now, I'm gonna go sit and watch basketball with the hubster. And unplug!































5 comments:
Striking balance is difficult isn't it? If I ever stop blogging, a twelve step program will be required.
I can totally relate :) Enjoy being unplugged ;)
I get where you're coming from. Sometimes I feel like I spend my days "taking care" of everyone else, and it's a miracle if I even get to "take care" of my own hair! :-) I know I rely on my "cyber-buddies" as my form of adult interaction as well. Still I agree there needs to be a balance too. I've been working on not spending as much time online, and since my hubby has been taking our internet card w/ him to work it helps. :-) Hope you enjoy your unplugged time, but hope to see ya some too. :-) Take care, friend!
I absolutely agree! Balance is definitely key... just finding it can be the difficulty. :) Thanks for the kind comments, y'all. Hopefully my computer will be up & running by next week. I have to admit, I'm going a little crazy without blogging. Lol. In fact, I just might need that "12 step program". That cracked me up!! Haha.
Blessings!
-Sarah
Hi Sarah! I spend so much time on the computer working that I usually don't go on at all on Sundays and severely limit Saturdays unless I had some unfinished work. That's why my blog is never updated. Love your blog very cute!
Have fun relaxing, gonna go print some coloring pages and color with the kids today.
Post a Comment