We had a fun, relaxed Saturday morning this past weekend
taking the kids fishing.
They thoroughly enjoyed tangling their fishing lines up
with the other 150 or so kids that were lined up
around the fishing hole, over at Lake Tawakoni State Park.
They're still learning fishing techniques,
but putting marshmallows on the hook
probably topped their favorite things about the day.
(Because they got to pop a few in their mouth, too, of course!)
They even won a Sonic card in the raffle.
They were ecstatic about that! ha!
They had just asked us the day before to take them there. :)
While the boys were fishing,
the baby had fun climbing all over the tackle box.
She's really trying to start walking and standing by herself a lot now.
{sigh}
This 1st year went by so fast with her. Where does the time go?
I also got to fish with the boys a little.
I actually really enjoy fishing, believe it or not!
(Yep, girly me!)
I even tangled with their Spiderman fishing poles a few times.
Fishing is relaxing to me.
You just sit there, and look at the water,
and wait for your line to start bobbing.
And the kids really enjoy being outdoors doing something...
so their not being bothersome toddlers,
just awesome, intelligent kiddos!
Gotta love that.
I also found out that my 2 boys
take after me.
Dipping everything in ketchup.
And when I say everything? I mean everything on his plate!
Gross.
Even I have my limits!! lol.
But the story here is, when I was a little one, my grandpa Popo,
used to send me ketchup packets in the mail from McDonalds
because I loved to suck the ketchup out of them.
{Weird. I know.}
I have a thing for ketchup. And it must be Heinz 57, too.
Not the other stuff.
Fishing was fun!
But finding out my kids love ketchup
as much, or maybe MORE than me?!
That was the Best!












































4 comments:
I did NOT have a thing for ketchup when I was a kid, but my lads do love it!! And I love that they love it because when they are fighting me on eating something, just break out some "dip" and they start eating it!! We were at Wendy's yesterday and the lads were dipping their nuggets in ketchup. It totally grossed Stuart out for some reason. He says that chicken and ketchup does not go together. :-)
Glad y'all had fun fishing. Was it a "free fish day" or something? Is that why there were a zillion other kidos at the lake?
Yes, it was a free kid's fishing tourney. :) They provided the "bait", raffle prizes, and lunch! We're trying to find free things to do, and this was really awesome.
I think that's funny that Stu was grossed out by the chicken nuggets in ketchup. Ha! He needs to meet my kids who dipped their *cookies* in the ketchup. Seriously. lol.
Love,
Sarah
I am so glad I came back to check on if you'd replied. I will check out your suggestions! Thank you so much for looking for me!
Aimee
Looks like fun!
Post a Comment