Edited to Add: SeedStarting info click here!
I think I found the answers to my questions there.
Good luck to all y'all that said you were starting a garden, too.
We planted the seeds only about a week ago...
I think I found the answers to my questions there.
Good luck to all y'all that said you were starting a garden, too.
We planted the seeds only about a week ago...
To say they took off and are growing like weeds
is putting it mildly.
The kiddos are so excited to see them!
Justin accidentally pulled off one of the cantaloupe sprouts.
Oops.
So, we may not have many cantaloupe.
But, it's been really rewarding already to start our garden.
They are learning about plants,
and they love checking on them to see if they've grown.
Now I've just got to figure out what I'm going to do with them
if they keep shooting up so fast,
like this.
Especially since we had this over this past weekend.
So do I put them in containers indoors?
What do I do???
I need a gardening friend to give me some advice.
I have gardened...
but not by starting the seeds indoors first.
Our garden grows fast.
Hopefully it'll continue.
Can't wait for a few veggies to pop up outta those plants.



































6 comments:
when you find out, i'd like to know too! i love the idea of starting them inside. did you store them somewhere special or in anything special? i think the next time i go to the store, i'll be grabbing up some seeds. thanks for the inspiration!t
come do my garden for me, will ya?! Thanks for visiting my blog! Glad you liked the tutorial!
Hey Sarah, don't you LOVE those jiffy pots. I start our seeds indoors with those almost every year. The jiffy pot thing says that you can keep them in there for like 4-6 weeks!! But I don't think it would hurt to put the taller ones in pots now, and just keep them outdoors during the day and bring them in at night! But I am no expert, so maybe not. LOL
We are going to do ours in about 2-3 weeks, hoping it won't freeze here again! How fun for the kiddos. :)
Wesley looks very scientific like and JJ looks very hands on!
Steph- - I am going to msg you on Facebook about what I used. It's been fun for the kids to check how they're growing each day.
I think I'll pass on coming over and doing your garden, Steph@somewhatsimple! lol. Thanks for the offer though. :) We'll be doing good here to just have a few plants left with my 2 year old always wanting to pull the plants out of the soil. haha.
Thanks for the advice, Em. I was thinking the same thing... except I think I might try keeping them indoors and covering them with a "tent" of saran wrap so they get the greenhouse effect for a few more weeks. ?? I don't know. I guess I'm going to google it.
Erin... can't wait to see your sunflowers. I wish I'd planted some... but I guess it would look nicer if I planted them in my own home, right? lol.
And yes, Mom, you nailed it on the head... W=the scientist; J=the gardener. Haha.
Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment