I have had a love for lipstick for a long time...
And as I bought my little "girly girl" her 1st lipstick today
(for her dress-up birthday party next week),
a few memories of my own
Lipstick Love
came to mind.
My all time fave lipstick- Clinique- in any color!
Ok, I admit it... I love the names of their lipsticks,
as much as the colors. heehee.
Like... "Earth Angel", "Pink-A-Boo", & "All Heart".
Anyways, the one memory that stands out to me
about my Lipstick Love
is when I was about 9 or 10.
We were up in Chicago visiting my Auntie Carol.
Poor Auntie Carol!!
I was in love with her lipsticks that she had lying
around the house in her bathrooms & such.
So you know what any
Lipstick Loving Girly Girl would do? Right?!!
Well, yeh! Try it on!!
And, since I had not had the experience of having my own,
I smooshed the lipstick when I replaced the lid.
Oh, boy!
I was sooo upset.
I knew I shouldn't have been messing with her lipstick.
But something within me wanted. to. try. it. on!!!
(That little lipstick smoosh taught me a lesson, though.
I've never tried anyone else's lipstick on, ever, since then! lol.
In case you were wondering.)
I brought a smooshed lipstick out to my cousin, Cheryl.
She tried to reform it, but I don't think it ever went
back to it's original shape after that! lol.
I have to giggle even now over my silly Lipstick Love.
It's never really gone away!
I still really, really love lipstick!
How about you?
Do you have a favorite lipstick?
































2 comments:
You are such a girlie girl!! Cute! I honestly can't relate. I HATE wearing lipstick!! Always have. Though I time to time do.... it's been awhile, I never enjoy the way it looks, feels, smells, tastes, ugh! ;-) But I did enjoy your jaunt down memory lane and can't wait to see your baby girl's b-day pics and HER first lipstick encounter... or has she already experimented with yours? ;-)
:) I have always been girly, I guess. I always played sports & such too, and don't mind outdoorsy things... I just like my girly-girl ways. Ha! I'm looking forward to her 1st lipstick encounter too. lol.
Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment