Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Flashback: Angels Bowl?

As a child, hearing thunder roll made me fearful. I hated that dreadful noise. I think the loudest thunderstorms I have lived through are the ones when we lived in New Mexico, and the thunder would crack & bounce off the mountains- it was incredibly loud!!

Now my little ones are the ones afraid of that noise. Last night we had a pretty good lightning/thunderstorm, and my little 2 year old was especially frightened & would cry and scream when the thunder rolled. Poor little guy! My 4 year old does not like it either, but he's gotten braver as the years go by.

That experience last night brought back the memory I have of sitting on the front porch with Popo (my grandpa) as a child, and watching it rain. This was something I came to really enjoy doing. After the storming would pass, and the rain would settle in... there was something soothing about the sound. And the sight as well. Oh, and I mustn't forget the smell of freshly fallen rain.

Anyways, I do remember being afraid of the thunder & lightning. But I also remember that Popo told me that it was just the angels in heaven bowling. :) Isn't that sweetest thing ever? You may have heard that one before. It was so effective for me as a child.

And so, last night as our little ones were scared during that dreadful noise... they were reminded that it was only the angels bowling in heaven. And that they must've gotten a strike! (Our 2 year old is very athletic & loves all sports involving a ball. So he totally knew what we were talking about.) I don't know if it comforted them. However, I think that it is a sweet little thing to pass on to them.

By the way, Justin woke up this morning saying that he was like an angel. :) Umm... sometimes- yes; and then, sometimes- noooooo. lol. I think that maybe he was asking if he could go bowling like the angels were last night?


No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails