Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Flashback: "Queen for a Day"

When I was growing up, we used to wrap our heads in towels
like a turban when we finished bathing.
Do you know what I'm talking about?
Okay, okay... I'll take a picture for you.
After all, what's a blog post without a picture! ha!
That's not the nicest pic of me... but oh well!

Anyways, I had my head wrapped like this a few days ago,
and Justin looked at me funny then started to laugh!!!
A few minutes before, I was feeding Aliyah her bottle,
and she kept looking at me with my "turban" & smiling.
I guess it must be really funny!
Or maybe I'm funny-looking... not sure which. lol.

So, I had to tell them my little memory.
Not sure that they'll remember it particularly,
but it made me think- - I need to write that down!

When I was growing up, my dad
always had a "quip" for everything.
One of the things he would say
 when we wore our turbans was, "Queen for a Day".
I know!
Cute, right?!!

And as a little girl, and even a young woman,
for some reason
the little "Queen for a Day" quip
made me feel special.
Even though I looked funny.

Through the years I've had a few more
turban experiences that make me laugh...
like me & my sil getting headwraps from Grandma,
and taking pics with them on,
and laughing our heads off at how funny we looked.
I'm hoping to dig that pic up. :)

Or, doing "facials" with my girlfriends in college,
and wrapping our heads,
and taking turban/mask face pics.
Oh, and laughing our heads off.

Something about wrapping your head in a towel,
it makes you laugh!
But it makes you feel special
when someone sees you in a turban,
and says "Queen for the day"! :)
Thanks, Dad, for making me feel special.

Now, I'm off to dig up old pics. ha! Beware.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

I wrap my hair in a turban too, but my kids don't seem to notice much... now if I walk in with glasses on (since I usually wear contacts) they look at me like I'm a zoo exhibit!

Jayanthi Anantharaj said...

Sarah, looking @ your head wrapped in a towel made me smile. This is what ladies in India do, to dry their long hair everyday after a bath. I do it everyday too and use a hair dryer(very rarely). Interesting, right?:)

Lady D said...

I must of missed this one:) Made me smile. There used to be a television show called Queen for a Day...I think it was when I was really little but I think thats where dad got the saying.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails