Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Not Me- - Wow, it's been a while!

I just recently looked through my Not Me posts to see when I did one last... it's been since mid-January!! What on earth?! It was not me who forgot to record my family's "funnies" for the last 2 months! lol. Oh, boy. So hopefully I'll get a grip and start recording them like I had been faithfully doing. After all, that's why I wanted to start blogging in the first place- my children say and do so many funny & cute things on a daily basis. I can't remember them all unless I write it down quickly. So without further ado...

Remember how the boys won a Sonic card at our
 little fishing tourney a couple weeks back?
Lately, our 2 boys have been wanting Sonic ice cream a lot. They have not come up with their own Sonic saying "It's Tasty! It's Toasty! It's Sonic!". I am not sure even where they picked that up... but it sure is funny. :) And on a side note, my 4 year old did not cry & whine the entire ride home last night from church because he wanted to stop at... Sonic. Nope. My child would never pitch a fit just because he wanted ice cream. Oh, wait- - he is my son- - so maybe he would. ha! (Remembering doing the same thing when we would drive past McD's as a child. Sorry, Mom.)

Things I did not overhear this past week:
-"Get out of the chicken (translate kitchenI), Aliyah!" spoken by big bro JJ.

-"Which movie would Miss Rhonda like? Hmm... Not that one!" spoken by Wes in prep for having company... by the way, we did not make Miss Rhonda watch the movie. Phew! Although I think her hubby might've snuck a few minutes of Bob the Builder in while we women were talking in a different room. :)

-"Alright, Papa. I'm not going to be your kid anymore. I'm just going to be Mommy's kid. JJ can be your kid!" lol. Ok... there is a story... but, you know. It was one of those parental indiscretion moments when my hubby said- - no kid of mine is going to ________.  lol. I'm sorry, but my kid's talking back just hit me funny. Maybe it will you too.

Things I did not do this past week:
-I didn't wiggle & wriggle for almost an entire hour back from Dallas in the minivan just so I didn't have to stop to go potty & take the 3 kids in with me to, who knows where, to use the bathroom. Nope! I decided to hold it. And boy was I doing "the dance" towards the end! It kept me awake though! lol.

Note to self: Go to the bathroom before leaving any place that is over an hour away- -  especially when you're drinking 100 oz. of water a day to lose weight!

-I didn't see 2 cute little beagle puppies for sale in the back of a truck on the way home, and say, "Awww! Honey!!! Can we get one?!" Only to be jerked back to reality by my dear one who reminded me that I indeed did not want a puppy to deal with along with my 3 rough&tumble kiddos. Duh! What could I have been thinking?! lol. I don't even know!! Puppies & Babies- - they just make you melt sometimes. I melted- - but only for a moment. Then I came back to my senses. Hellooooo! I've got my hands full & then some right now. No puppy for us for a few more years. :) But that was fun just to get lost in the moment.

Not sure if MckMama's Not Me post with the linky will be up today since she's in Kenya right now. :) But I'm still doing it today anyways. Enjoy, y'all!

5 comments:

Lady D said...

Good call Sarah!!

Hannah said...

Ha ha, those totally cracked me up! Love the one where Wes says he will just be your kid. I can totally hear Mike and Wes having this conversation. :)

Jamee said...

hey sarah- i featured you on my blog today jameehomemaker.blogspot.com

iammommahearmeroar said...

Hey Sarah, Thanks for stopping by my blog. "Dry brush" is just when your brush in really dry, you put on some paint and then brush most of it off before you start painting. That way only a little paint gets on it and it kind of looks antique. Good luck!

Karilee said...

So funny about the puppies. lol.
I always say, if we can find an old, tired dog that will lay at my feet and take itself potty, I'm game. So far, no dog. :)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails