Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Recipe Share Party!

Alright, y'all! Come on over and share a recipe.
I know you like to try new things,
and I do too! :)
Grab my little button on the right sidebar,
Stick it into your post,
Then link your recipe share post down there with
Mr. MckLinky.

Last week we had 3 wonderful ladies share a recipe:

Karilee shared a recipe for Dog Muffins...
funny name, funny story, but it sounds like a keeper!
Who wouldn't love having a mix in the fridge for the
"whenever I need a bread to serve on the side but forgot to bake it"!
Oh, am I the only one that does that?! lol.
PoutyPinkPrincess {cute name!} shared a Crockpot Lasagna...
umm... you had me at crockpot. :)
I've had lasagna in the crockpot, but never
given it a try... Will have to try that sometime soon.
And, LadyD shared her Parmesan Chicken recipe.
Another funny story! :) And a delicious everyday recipe.
Don't you just love those?!
Thank you ladies for sharing such yummy recipes with us.

This week, my recipe share is something I made for MOPS.
I have also made different versions of this in the past.
It's always a winner because you make it the night before,
then put it in the oven in the morning... so there's no real
"prep" for it when you're groggy.
It's one of those I reserve for company usually.
But sometimes, my family gets a treat, too. :)
My version today I'll call "Baked Apple French Toast".

You'll want to try this, if you haven't ever made it before.

Ingredients:
-1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread, cubed (can use french bread, too)
-4 medium apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
OR you could use 2 cans of fried apples like me! :)

-1 pkg cream cheese, softened (8 oz)
-1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
-1 1/2 cups milk

-1 tablespoon almond extract
-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
-3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1 tablespoon butter or margarine
-6 eggs, lightly beaten

Directions:
1. Place 1/2 bread cubes  in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with apples.
2. Combine: Cream cheese, Brown sugar, 1/4 c.milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond extract; Spread over apples.
3. Place remaining bread cubes in pan.
4. Whisk: Eggs, 1 1/2 c milk. Pour over Bread. Dot with butter.
5. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees 45-55 minutes until set. Cover with foil last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.



This is so delicious... I love it! My family loves it! And you will too.
Enjoy!



4 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh! This sounds amazing! Iam so going to try this out!

Lady D said...

Yep nan we had Sarah's other version of this on Thanksgiving morning one year...it rocks!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Aww, Thanks, Mom. :) I really really like this recipe as well. It is something we always look forward to greatly on Thanksgiving morning. lol. Maybe that will entice "certain people" to come down & visit us at Thanksgiving with the other peeps that are already planning to come!! (ahem... Hannah & Eric! heehee.)

Love you both!
-Sarah

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Sounds delicious! I will be trying it out soon.

Thanks for linking up to my party. I really appreciate it!

XOOX
Jen

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails