Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Recipe Share: Easter recipes!

I'm so excited that Easter is this Sunday!
Please link up a recipe that you make for Easter.
I can't wait to see what others make.

I always enjoy being a hostess for special holidays.
I have a few recipes that carry me through Easter Sunday.
A few necessities for me:
1. Make ahead recipes.
2. Dishes that include "spring" ingredients.
(Like fruit, honey, bright colorful foods.)

I'm going to share 2 recipes this week,
since I just love both,
and plan to make both this weekend.
(I make this a lot in the Spring!)
Ambrosia (or 5 cup) Salad
Ingredients:
-1 cup coconut
-1 cup mandarin oranges
-1 cup small marshmallows
-1 cup pineapple chunks
-1 cup sour cream

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients in bowl. Refrigerate for an hour or more to allow all flavors to join.

Now that is one recipe I think almost anyone can handle!! So easy. And sooo flavorful, and yummy.

This second takes a little more prep, but it's still made ahead, and is one of those recipes that probably got handed down. I remember having it at family get togethers when I was little! No matter how old the recipe, it is a good one!

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Ingredients

-1/2 (15 ounce) package pretzels, crushed
-1 cup butter, melted
-1/2 cup sugar

-1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
-1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
-1 cup sugar

-2 cups boiling water
-2 (10 oz) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
-1 (6 oz) package strawberry flavored jello
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 400.
2.In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, melted margarine, and 1/4 cup sugar. Press mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
4.In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, frozen whipped topping, and 1 cup sugar. Pour over pretzel crust.
5.In a large saucepan, combine boiling water and strawberry-flavored gelatin; bring to a boil. Stir in frozen strawberries. When it begins to thicken, pour over cream cheese filling. Refrigerate to set.

Be sure the cream cheese is all the way to the edges of the pan & sealed (to keep the jello from seeping under the cream cheese & making the crust soggy). It's also helpful to chill the cream cheese really well before topping w/ the jello.


No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails