Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Around the Town: Dallas Zoo

We are now officially members of the Dallas Zoo!
Woohoo! :)

I think we will really take advantage of it, too.
We're always trying to figure something out to do
on our day off.
Now we have the perfect outing!!
We had a bit of fun debate going about the giraffe at the entrance.
What is that sticking out of his mouth??
(Mom & I said his tongue, my hubby thinks its a banana. ha!)

The kids absolutely loved going this past week.
Running around outside,
Looking at the animals,
"Following" the map.

It's the perfect activity for little toddlers & preschoolers.
Of course, having a wagon or stroller with 3 is a must.

I'm so excited, a few of our friends became members too!
I'm sure that will give us some "zoo buddies".
And of course, our family has
a little "Dallas Zoo" promoter.

(Maybe I should send this one into the zoo?)

Some of our favorite displays this time:
The penguins!
We loved how they flew down into the water,
and came up so close to the windows.
And it was hysterically funny to watch the boys try to
"walk" (waddle) like a penguin. :)


The chimpanzees (or were they gorillas?).
Really cool how it seems like you are almost right
in the little jungle area with them.
My fave were the flamingos.
Those were some flaming hot pink flamingos, too!


Our friend's fave was the otters,
but we couldn't find them...
However, she was so cute,
getting up on the sil to see if they were out!

We're looking forward to the Safari Exhibit
they're going to start around Memorial Day.

Oh, and I mustn't forget...
the kids had just as much fun running,
playing,
and eating...

as they did looking at the animals.
What a perfect day we had!
Looking forward to more again soon.



4 comments:

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

actually I thought it was his tongue mom that it was bananna. -mike

Bobbie Lynn said...

I know your kids are younger, but keep in mind I think at 11 they can become Jr. Zoo keepers.. it is a volunteer program and they get to work in the children's zoo. My kids did it and it was a BLAST!! of course now they are 21 -25. I need some grandkids I tell ya..

Screaming Meme said...

Hi, I'm Meme from Screaming Meme...It is so nice to of stumbled onto your blog...I am from TX too! I wanted to stop in and giive you a warm TX Hello! Your family is adoarable! :) If you get the chance stop by Screaming Meme for a visit! Meme

Lady D said...

glad to see Mike made the correction!! are you sure it wasn't a banana??

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails