This year, we decided to leave the Easter bunny behind.
We wanted to focus on Jesus' resurrection,
and give our children the heritage that we enjoy- -
knowing Jesus!
(We pray someday, they'll know Him personally as their Saviour).
(Our little family on Easter morning)
So, we tried to do our activities around that.
We made Resurrection Cookies- using the
FamilyLife recipe & activities.
(Love Family Life Today, by the way)
So, we tried to do our activities around that.
We made Resurrection Cookies- using the
FamilyLife recipe & activities.
(Love Family Life Today, by the way)
Our oldest really got into the "beating" part.
It was interesting to see their responses to
tasting the vinegar & salt.
They were a little worried that the cookies were going to
Resurrect! haha.
This is when I miss my stand mixer- - they didn't quite turn out.
Here's what they "should have" turned out to look like.
(Photo courtesy "LiveLaughblog")We also read to them
about Jesus' resurrection, and the Lord's Supper.
(picture courtesy of Amazon.com)
There were lots of questions asked.
Some connections were made.
It may be a while before full comprehension takes place though.
They also did a few "Resurrection" crafts.
I resisted the urge to make all the cutesy bunny, egg, candy crafts.
I really wanted to...
but I wanted the kiddos to understand
that it wasn't about all that. It's hard to find balance.
We made some styrofoam crosses I picked up at HobLob at Cmas.
Who knows. I'm definitely not opposed. :)
We did actually do one "bunny" craft with Grammy. :)
We also tried to be a blessing to a few families
in our church that live away from family. Like us.

(The Millers, Mrs. Rose, The Byers, The Sheplers, and Us.)
We invited them to join us for dinner.
It was so wonderful to share a meal,
have wonderful conversation,
enjoy each other's company.
It was worth all the work it took to entertain on one of our
busiest Sundays in the year.
One of the ladies brought me an Easter lily!!
(Lilies are my favorite flower.)

We also enjoyed 3 songs (sort of a mini-cantata) sung by
our church's choir!

(That's me on the far left. :) I love singing!!)
Our desire to keep this week more sacred for our family,
didn't mean we didn't allow the kiddos to have fun,
and participate in things they would feel they missed out on.
We dyed some eggs.
about Jesus' resurrection, and the Lord's Supper.
(picture courtesy of Amazon.com)
There were lots of questions asked.
Some connections were made.
It may be a while before full comprehension takes place though.
They also did a few "Resurrection" crafts.
I resisted the urge to make all the cutesy bunny, egg, candy crafts.
I really wanted to...
but I wanted the kiddos to understand
that it wasn't about all that. It's hard to find balance.
We made some styrofoam crosses I picked up at HobLob at Cmas.
And they colored some felt resurrected Jesus' while they listened
to the story of the Resurrection.
Next year, I might do more cutesy, typical ones.Who knows. I'm definitely not opposed. :)
We did actually do one "bunny" craft with Grammy. :)
They painted their bunny shirts.
(Tutorial here, if you want an idea for next year!)
We also tried to be a blessing to a few families
in our church that live away from family. Like us.

(The Millers, Mrs. Rose, The Byers, The Sheplers, and Us.)
We invited them to join us for dinner.
It was so wonderful to share a meal,
have wonderful conversation,
enjoy each other's company.
It was worth all the work it took to entertain on one of our
busiest Sundays in the year.
One of the ladies brought me an Easter lily!!
(Lilies are my favorite flower.)

We also enjoyed 3 songs (sort of a mini-cantata) sung by
our church's choir!

(That's me on the far left. :) I love singing!!)
Our desire to keep this week more sacred for our family,
didn't mean we didn't allow the kiddos to have fun,
and participate in things they would feel they missed out on.
We dyed some eggs.
And the baby thought the eggs were balls,
Sooo... she threw it! lol.
Good memories. :)
We also had the kids do their Easter egg hunts.
We participated in not one, but two!!
( our church's)(and our MOPS group's).
(these 3 were all born within 2 weeks of each other!)
These Easter parties included picnics/BBQs where we got to have fun
with friends.
I love that part!!
Tons of fun for everyone!!
I was so pleased with how this week went.
It wasn't without it's flurry of activities,
and feelings of inability to just sit & reflect on the Resurrection.
However, the overall goal of teaching our kiddos
about our Saviour's Resurrection was achieved.
I'm so glad that we have this hope!!
And I'm glad they had some fun doing all of it.
These are the good times! Memories that will last forever.
Linking to:It wasn't without it's flurry of activities,
and feelings of inability to just sit & reflect on the Resurrection.
However, the overall goal of teaching our kiddos
about our Saviour's Resurrection was achieved.
I'm so glad that we have this hope!!
And I'm glad they had some fun doing all of it.
These are the good times! Memories that will last forever.

























































3 comments:
Wow ...it all looks like lots of fun...glad you had a nice dinner..we missed you here though we are thankful for you service to the Lord. love ya mom
Hi Sarah, wow, what a great recap of Easter! I posted those cookies on my blog about 3 years ago, and that recipe was a huge hit for Easter. I used to do it with my kids :) Love the family pix around the table. Thanks for linking up at RE!
PS Don't forget to link up to RE here on your post ... unless I missed it? Thanks!
Post a Comment