Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Me Funnies

It was such an amazing week, this past week. It was so interesting to see our 4 year old's comprehension of how Jesus died for our sins, then rose again start to form. I loved it!
(The picture I used for my hubby's powerpoint presentation this morning.)
As he was listening to the Bible story about the Lord's Supper (we were having it at our church, thus the challenging subject matter), he did not say "And then it's going to be 'the Lord's breakfast". rather matter of factly. lol. I hope that's not too sacreligious to laugh about. However, we did. Children take things so literally sometimes, which, I think, may have been where his little mind was going. After supper comes breakfast!

We also made Resurrection Cookies on Good Friday. (More on that in a different post.) He did not make these hysterically funny "mean" faces as he was 'beating' the pecans. This kid has an imagination for sure!

And, I would not have forgotten not one, but two ingredients for the cookies. I sent my hubby over to the neighbor's house to see if we could borrow one of the ingredients. It so happened he went to the wrong neighbor's house... didn't know them... but asked them for the ingredient anyways while he was there. Then he came back home, and I did not send him to the neighbor's that we know to get the other ingredient. Oh, and while he was walking up the driveway of the 2nd neighbor measuring cup in hand, the 1st neighbor did not come out the door with their trash bag, look at my hubby & laugh. Hahaha! We just laughed our heads off when he came home and told me about it. :)

There have also been lots of questions about God this past week:
-"Is God on TV? Is Jesus on TV?"; "Samson is on TV now Mom, not in the Bible anymore." (apparently they watched a Samson video).
-"Dear God.... thank you for this food, thank you for the great day we have had today, and thank you for God." (said during mealtime prayer) Aww! I think he might've been expressing gratitude for Jesus work on the cross. ? So touching.
-"Oh no!! The cookies are going to disappear!!" (During the process of making the Resurrection Cookies- after we sealed the oven. I'm guessing he was referring to Jesus "disappearing", and he thought the cookies were going to do the same?? lol.)
-"Well, the cookies went in our mouths, and then they disappeared Mom." After we had a conversation about it a day later. :)

I know I don't have funny Not Me's for the other 2 this week. It's just been one of those weeks where we've had so much going on, that the other 2 were more in survival mode... but he is old enough to be able to communicate & process still in the midst of these whirlwind like weeks we have sometimes. :) So I hope you enjoy them.

I'll be linking to MckMama's blog post.



1 comment:

Lady D said...

Precious processing on Wes's part blessing Grammy's heart to the point of bursting!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails