First- - Thank you to all who entered recipes last week!!
Some absolutely Amazing recipes.
Can't wait to try them!
I've decided to add another element to the Recipe Share Party...
just for fun. :)
I'm going to pick a favorite recipe from the party each week,
and feature it on the following Thursday's Party post.
Anyone who is featured,
can grab a featured button!!
So, this week's favorite linked recipe was...
The Frozen Raspberry Lemonade Pie at Simply Designing!
So refreshing & delicious sounding.
I am totally making that one next time I go to a girl's night.
Go check out this wonderful recipe
... and make sure to check out all the other recipes, too.
... and make sure to check out all the other recipes, too.
_______________________________________________________
Second - I know y'all have been waiting on the edge of your chairs...
For the recipe to the Black Forest Cake. Right?! lol.
Okay... even if you weren't exactly waiting on pins & needles-
Here it is anyways.
Ingredients
•1 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon vinegar
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 cups white sugar
• 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cold
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract•
• 2 (14 oz) cans tart red cherries
• 1/2 cup grenadine (cherry flavoring)
• 1/2 cup sugar
Cool Whip & chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 8 inch cake pans.
2. Mix milk and vinegar. This will sour the milk. Set aside.
3. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, coffee and vanilla. Stir in the sour milk. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake layers to cool completely before filling.
6. To make the cherry filling: Combine the cherries, sugar, and grenadine. Bring to a boil, and stir frequently for 6-7 minutes until cherries retain some of the sugar & grenadine. Refrigerate cherry mixture until chilled, then fill cake.
I also put cool whip in between the layers, and "frosted" it with cool whip as well. I had intended to make buttercream frosting, but ran out of time. :) The cool whip was perfect. I'd imagine whipped sweet cream would also be great. AND, I added maraschino cherries to the top for presentation, as well as 5 grated semi-sweet chocolate Baker's bars.
Also, a quick tip- - stick your cake layers & cherries in the freezer- - it'll make the cooling time go a lot faster if you're in a rush. (Which I am always in, it seems.) ENJOY!!
As always, the linky party goes from now until Saturday at 11 pm. So go ahead and link up a recipe, y'all!! Don't forget to grab a Recipe Share button on the sidebar & add it to your post so we can get the word out. :)


































14 comments:
Thanks for the feature!
Thanks for hosting. Happy Thursday to you :)
Here from New Friend Friday! Nice to meet you! I just linked up to the recipe party! How fun!
Hi there! Stopping by from New Friend Friday! Your blog is really cute. I love all of the colors.
I'll be back tomorrow to link up a recipe too. I just need to add your button to my blog, but I'm too tired right now!
What a fabulous idea to have a recipes linky party!! I need to get on board. I am stopping by from new Friend Friday. Love your blog!
Alison
http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/
Here from new friend Friday - - I noticed that you have a Tamron 28-75mm - I'm really considereing that lens - do you like it??
Mandy
www.craftedition.blogspot.com
I'm a new follower from TGC's New Friend Friday. I'm also a crafty homeschooling mom too:)
Delicious! I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative. I love you blog. Can't wait to read more.
-K
http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/
i'm following you now so i can come to party next week. :) that raspberry pie is going on my to do list.
Hi, crafty homeschooling mom here too. there must be a lot of us LOL. I'm your newest follower from The Girl Creative's New Friend Friday. Great blog, thanks
Wow! What an amazing cake! Love your blog...it's FUN! ♥
Oh my goodness they look so yummy! :) I am going to try making the carrot cake this week too!
WOW! That cake looks divine! I will have to remember to come back and share some of my recipes too :)
Mmmmm,that looks so rummy, will have to give it a try:-)
Tracey
Post a Comment