I have some catching up to do!!
We've been super busy from Mother's Day,
Birthdays, Graduations, Grammy visiting,
Entertaining, going out with friends,
& an early Memorial Day celebration at our church!!
See, I told you I've been busy!
So, here's one of my "regular" Around the Town Saturday posts!
(I feel like cheering for myself, it's been so busy, and I'm posting. ha!)
This weekend,
we had the opportunity to go on a Double DATE!
(We haven't done that in forever.)
It was so much fun!!
We normally go to a Cubs game at Wrigley every year
when we go up to Illinois to visit my family.
However, that's not going to happen this year,
and we assumed we were going to miss out on
seeing the Cubbies (our fave MLB team!) this year.
God must've been smiling down on us,
and knew how much we loved our Cubbies!!
A very out of the ordinary game was scheduled between
the Texas Rangers & our CUBS!!
So we were totally going... no matter what.
Then my girlfriend asked if we wanted to go together.
What a fun idea!
And we had such a blast!!
I'm so glad we got to do that with them. :)
The Rangers stadium is very beautiful, too!
Even when they turned the lights out for fireworks... still pretty!
They had some really cute & fun games going on...
This dots game in particular made me LOL!
Oh, my word!! I would hate to wear that costume. lol.
But it was hysterical when the red one (we were cheering for RED)
fell down at the finish line.
That would so be me if I were a "dot". haha!
Our friends introduced us to a new kind of fry.
GARLIC FRIES!!
Wow!
Those were so good. I'm totally doing that when I make fries next.
The fireworks display was seriously awesome!!
And the music was fun, too. :)
I loved how adorable our friends looked when they were
watching the fireworks. Sooo cute! Just smilin' away. :)
Unfortunately, our Cubs lost.
That's alright, though.
It was just worth the opportunity to SEE them!
I might add that there were a TON of Cubs fans at that game.
I'd say there was more Cubs Tshirts by far than Rangers
at the game. Which is a little surprising!
But we Cubs fans know how to represent. heehee.












































7 comments:
hi Sarah! What a fun evening. I'm hoping for a double date at some point...maybe before my toddlers are in middle school?! Thanks for stopping by my page today! -diane
oh and THANK YOU so much for finding that widget link for me!!! Now my blogs can look cool like yours...
Hi Sarah, Looks like you all had a fun time!!
.. and those garlic fries.. ohmyyummygoodness!
have a good weekend
Hi there! You have a great blog and, because I love it, I'm passing along an award to you! Please don't let it pressure you! You can read about it here:
http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com/2010/05/garage-salin-4-cause.html#comments
Have a blessed week! ♥Laurie
Love the pics.
I received a couple of blog awards the other day and I'm passing the sunshine award onto you. You knew I would I'm sure. :) We are family after all! Haha.
http://phillipsfam22.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-award-awesomeness.html
Great pictures and it looks like you guys had a great time. :O)
oh the whole things look fab but those garlic fries..oh man
Post a Comment