Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, May 21, 2010

I ♥ Faces- Friday Fix!

So the photo this week was definitely more difficult than the last one I participated in.

This one was underexposed, bad WB issues,
the composition was not as easy to figure out what to do with...
And if I had Noiseware, I'd probably have used it.

Here are my fixes.

Adjusted White Balance, Levels, USM 40/14/3.
Soft Light Layer at 35%;
Burned Edges, Screen Layer at 40%, Cropped.

Here's the original...
I used my previous "fix" to then create a soft B&W.
Added Gradient Layers, Added a Gaussian Blur @ low opacity,
Added some Noise. Did not crop this one.

Just for fun, I did one with a linen type texture.
Not sure I'm loving the texture. Then again... maybe I do? lol.


Check out the other photo fixes over at





6 comments:

Niki said...

Love the first one! Great job with the white balance!

faith ann raider said...

NICE! I like the canvas effect of the last one.

Lady D said...

wow getting fancy

FairfieldHouse said...

Sarah,

This is my first visit to your blog via New Friend Friday. How can you not adore that face? I like the first and black and white version. The recipe you feature below for chocolate pudding cake looks scrumptious!
I invite you to stop by my blog and be sure to enter my give away!

Deborah

Shelle said...

Oh I really like the texture in the last one!! I think it's so pretty and I love all of your edits! Sorry for giving such a difficult photo to work with!! Thanks for taking the time to edit my photo!!

Its So Very Cheri said...

OOOH I want your camera--I bet you will get a lot of great beach pictures.

Cheri

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails