Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Around the Town: Grapevine's "Rainforest Cafe"

We've been so many places lately! I have to say that since moving to the DFW area, we've gotten to do so many amazing, fun things. I don't think that we had so many options in New Mexico. However, I do sometimes still miss the simple, hearty hikes in those beautiful mountains we left behind. (We hiked several times a week then!)

So, my mom & I took the kiddos over to the Rainforest Cafe. I had never been! And now I'm realizing that it is one of those really fun places to take a kid for a fun celebration lunch/dinner. We were in fact celebrating (still) my little guy turning 3 when we went.

This place is so awesome! The decorations are so over the top.
Where we sat in the restaurant, there was rain falling
directly behind our seats.
And every couple minutes, cool mist would rise out of the wall!
There were several life-like displays of animals,
that would all of the sudden go CRAZY!
And come to "life" with noises & movements. :)
It was seriously so fun to take my kids!
(You might be able to see the elephants in the pic below.)

The restaurant is pretty dark. But lights up with "storms".
The food is good, but a little pricey.

We also ordered their "volcano brownie".
That was fun! And made it celebration worthy.
Yep! We really enjoyed that volcano brownie. :)

So, I would definitely recommend the Rainforest Cafe for
a birthday, or some other fun celebration for the kid in your life.

We also got to go on the "free" track Train!
The best form of window shopping I've seen yet!! lol.
So if you live in the DFW area, Grapevine Mills Mall has it all! :)


5 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

I too love living here because of all the fun stuff to do! Have you been to canton yet? Not really fun for the kids, but SO MUCH fun for Mom!!!

The Calhoun Clique said...

Did you make A's dress? It is so cute!!! That place is awesome isn't it?!

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

Love the Rainforest Cafe. It's so much fun - and great food. I haven't been in a while but your pictures are just as I remember. Thanks for posting. It looks like a fun celebration :)

Leslie said...

Great photo's. I looked like a fun day!!

Christy said...

So fun! All the times I've eaten at the Rainforest Cafe, I've never had the volcano, now I'm determined to get it next time!!
Thanks for swinging by my blog, and for the lake advice! Lake Murray is right across the OK border, it's about 1.5 hours from Plano (not sure of your exact location). It's FABULOUS fun for family!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails