I was dying to go blueberry picking.
After our last experience with blackberry picking,
I figured the kids would really enjoy this as well.
But, I didn't realize the blueberry patch 10 minutes
from where we live would be closed temporarily.
Sooo, we drove 1 1/2 hours to some really out-of-the-way
place past Canton, Texas.
Echo Springs Blueberry Farm.
They have a 5 star rating on their little store,
which was really sweet-
Not to mention all the delicious jams & spreads they offered.
The owner's wife was especially sweet,
since she made us lunch,
even though they don't technically serve lunch there!
And their blueberry pie was to DIE for!
The farm itself was great as well.
A little more overgrown than the blackberry farm,
but it might have to do with the soil needed
to grow blueberry bushes. ??
It was adorable to see the kiddos pick the berries.
We did our fair share of "taste testing" the blueberries as well!
Once she figured out where the yummy blueberries
were coming from, she was into picking too! :)
Of course, that's about all the kiddos wanted to do after a while.
"Taste Test". :)
So we didn't get as much picking in as I'd have liked.
But we still loved getting out there,
and pulling those ripe,juicy, flavorful berries off the bush.
Once we were finished,
the kiddos got a sweet treat to cool off.
Yes, he is making yet another funny face for the camera!
Ha!
And coming up, I have another really delicious
blueberry pie recipe for you!

















































5 comments:
How fun! It looks like your kids had a great time! I'm dying to go pick berries myself and make lots of yummy recipes! Can't wait for yours!
What a neat experience! You have me inspired to get out to more of the pick-your-own farms in the area!!
I love the part where Ali picks her own berries!! She's such a smart baby girl...no prejudice here. Wes's face is truely hilarious in this one and JJ looks his usual beautiful boy self!! I keep thinking I need to go pick some berries too
Oh, that looks like it was a perfect afternoon ... :)
We go apple picking but have never been blueberry picking! What fun you must have had!
Post a Comment